Wellness on The Strip
As more people are dipping their toes into the therapeutic waters of healthy travel, wellness tourism has grown to a nearly $489 billion industry. To keep up with this quickly growing market, resorts are developing new ways to leave travelers in better shape physically and mentally than when their vacation began. While many come to Sin City for an indulgent escape, staying healthy in Las Vegas can now be part of the fun!
- Revitalizing Rooms: The technologies found in the Stay Well collection at MGM Grand assist in making travel a healthy experience by integrating science into the design of each guest room including:
- Light therapy, used to simulate natural daylight and reverse or minimize jetlag
- Vitamin C-infused shower water, said to neutralize the effects of chlorine and improve skin and hair health
- Air purification and water filtration systems
- A specialized 24-hour in-room menu that offers a variety of healthy choices, most of which include natural organic ingredients rich in Omega 3s
- Guests of these suites also can enjoy 60 days of exclusive access to body management programs developed by the Cleveland Clinic – one of the world’s most respected academic medical centers, with a special Wellness Institute dedicated to helping each person achieve optimal well-being and a high quality of life
- Deluxe Spas: Las Vegas visitors are invited to get pampered with one of the many luxury spa treatments designed with health-conscious travelers in mind.
- Head to Toe Glow at Vdara– Having recently received its first Forbes Travel Guide 5 Star rating, The Spa at Vdara offers an indulgent ’Head to Toe Glow’ package that includes a rejuvenating full-body exfoliation, followed by the application of a healing tri-serum to increase skin hydration and brightness. Travelers can finish with a facial using skin-healing oils, handpicked for each guests’ unique complexion.
- Black Mineral Ganbanyoku Beds – After a long day on The Strip, these black mineral treatment beds, located at The Spa at ARIA, are the answer for a sore body. Imported from Japan, they are known to improve circulation and speed up metabolism, and the heated stone rids the body of toxins.
- Water Wellness with a Watsu Massage – Found at Spa Bellagio, this highly sought-after water treatment takes place in a private and serene 94 degree pool. The warm water relaxes the muscles while a therapist cradles you to support the spine during a calming massage.
- Unforgettable Fitness: While most vacationers expect a Las Vegas escape to wreck their workout routine, resorts now offer brag-worthy fitness experiences that allow guests to make up for a day of mouth-watering indulgences with memorable exercise programs.
- Yoga Among the Dolphins – Tap into your inner yogi at Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden & Dolphin Habitat at The Mirage. In the underwater viewing area, guests are led through a peaceful and intimate yoga session as dolphins swim in the background.
- Bring the Outside Indoors – ARIA Resort & Casino provides guests with a heart-pumping indoor workout program that takes in the most scenic parts of ARIA’s beautiful campus, including its renowned $40 million Fine Art Collection. The indoor hike at MGM Grand starts at the Grand Spa and guides participants through the lobby and casino floor, ending with a refreshing stretch at the MGM Grand pool – all while utilizing customized fitness moves that target each person’s individual needs.
- Tailored Toning – Travelers looking for a well-rounded and personalized workout routine are encouraged to take advantage of the Next Level Wellness Sessions found at Bellagio. Not only can guests request specific workouts tailored to their wellness goals, but they also will receive Body Mass Index and body fat calculations during the one-on-one sessions.
- Food for Thought – Counting calories is easy for Sin City visitors that explore Smart Plate®, a program that gives guests deliciously healthy plates at 700 calories or less. The calorie-conscious items are available on select in-room dining menus and at participating cafes at MGM Resorts properties. Smart Plate selections are updated frequently and offer guests unique choices like the Blackened Ahi Tuna Sandwich at Sea Breeze Café at Mandalay Bay, served with a side of fresh cut fruit (510 calories); or the Grilled Atlantic Salmon at Café Bellagio, which comes served with a side of broccolini and topped with yellow tomato and cucumber salsa (690 calories).