"The One in Las Vegas" Friends Celebrates 25th Anniversary with Events and Activations Along Las Vegas Strip October 18 & 19
The 25th anniversary celebration of Friends continues in Las Vegas October 18 & 19. Warner Bros. Television Group, along with AT&T and MGM Resorts International, brings the most memorable moments of Friends to life with all-new (and record-setting) fan experiences powered by AT&T 5G.
The following events are free and open to the public:
- The iconic Fountains of Bellagio will unveil a brand new show set to the catchy Friends theme song, “I’ll Be There For You” by The Rembrandts. The show will debut at sunset on Friday, Oct. 18, and will run in heavy rotation throughout the weekend.
- From their home at Luxor, the enigmatic Blue Man Group will transform the legendary orange Central Perk sofa in a way that only this bald and blue trio could. Their newly painted creation will be on display on the mezzanine near the theater inside Luxor all day Friday, Oct. 18 & Saturday, Oct. 19.
- On Saturday, Oct. 19 from 10 a.m.- midnight, New York - New York will host the AT&T 5G Friends Fan Experience on the Brooklyn Bridge. The event will include:
- Phoebe’s Yellow Cab Escape Room which offers the challenge of an escape room with the fun of a Friends trivia game, in a fully operational taxicab.
- A 700 square-foot Central Perk set re-creation made entirely of LEGO®. An official Guinness World Records® judge will be on hand to validate the record for the Largest LEGO Replica of a TV show set.
- The 7th Friend Experience will allow fans to record a 3D version of themselves doing Chandler’s happy dance or drop their virtual twin into a replica of Monica and Rachel’s apartment.
- Live performances of “I’ll Be There For You” by The Rembrandts at 12 p.m.,
3 p.m., 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Special appearances by Marcel the Monkey from 10 – 11:30 a.m.
- Trivia with James Michael Tyler (Gunther) at 2 p.m., 5 p.m., 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
The Fountains of Bellagio
3600 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Luxor – Blue Man Group Theater
3900 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119
New York-New York – Brooklyn Bridge
3790 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
AT&T and Warner Bros. Television Group continue their collaboration to celebrate the milestone 25th anniversary of Friends, one of television’s most beloved and successful TV series. In partnership with MGM Resorts, the Vegas events are specially curated to provide Friends superfans a new way to engage and interact with their favorite characters and moments from the series in a unique and innovative way.
Celebrating its 25th anniversary since its debut in 1994, Friends remains one of television’s most beloved series. One of the highest-rated shows on television in its original network run, the series still remains a perennial go-to in syndication and on streaming services, where it continues to be a smash hit worldwide. A favorite among critics and fans alike throughout its 10-season run, Friends not only won the Emmy® for Outstanding Comedy series, but also garnered Emmy® Awards for series stars Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow. From Warner Bros. Television, Friends follows the lives and loves of a close-knit group of friends living in New York City: siblings Ross (David Schwimmer) and Monica Geller (Courteney Cox), along with friends Chandler Bing (Matthew Perry), Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow), Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc) and Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston). Friends was created by David Crane and Marta Kauffman, who executive produced the series with Kevin Bright through Bright/Kauffman/Crane Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television.