The Big Apple Roller Coaster & Arcade Brings Thrills and Fun to Las Vegas Strip
LAS VEGAS – The Roller Coaster at New York-New York is the world’s first coaster to feature a 180-degree “heartline” twist and dive maneuver, providing one million riders with heart-stopping action and excitement each year. Inside “classic cab” cars, patrons enjoy a ride filled with twists, loops and dives and even the thrilling force of negative Gs. The Roller Coaster is located in the Arcade, an entertainment center featuring midway-style carnival games and video games—perfect for casual fun.
The Big Apple Coaster Fast Facts
- Cars recently redesigned to replicate “classic cabs.”
- The Roller Coaster is the second heartline coaster to operate in the world A heartline roll is similar to the sensation felt by a pilot during a barrel roll in an airplane.
- Each ride cycle last approximately 3 ½ minutes.
- Riders must be 54” tall to ride.
- Roller coaster’s highest point – 203 feet and highest drop – 144 feet.
- Passengers travel at a maximum speed of up to 67 m.p.h.
- Tickets are $17; re-rides are $8. All-day Scream Pass is $26. Family Fun Flight For Four Package is available for $78 and includes four individual rides and two complimentary 5 x 7 souvenir pictures.
- The ride operates Monday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.