TAP Book, Bar & Bistreaux to Host UFC® 246: McGregor vs. Cowboy Watch Party
Tickets on sale now for blockbuster welterweight bout watch party
BILOXI, Miss. – Beau Rivage’s TAP Book, Bar & Bistreaux will host a viewing party as UFC® kicks off 2020 with a thrilling bout featuring former lightweight and featherweight champion Conor McGregor and perennial fan favorite Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone. UFC® 246: MCGREGOR vs. COWBOY will take place Saturday, Jan. 18 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and will stream live nationally on Pay-Per-View, exclusively through ESPN+ at 9 p.m. Central.
Tickets for the viewing party, which includes one complimentary Absolute Elyx cocktail, are $10 and may be purchased by calling 888.567.6667. Must be 21 to attend.
In addition to the headline bout, former UFC lightweight champion and No. 11 ranked contender Anthony Pettis will return to 155 pounds, taking on Diego Ferreira.
Arguably the biggest star in mixed martial arts history, McGregor (21-4, fighting out of Dublin, Ireland) became the first fighter in UFC history to simultaneously hold championships in two divisions. Throughout his legendary career, he has earned spectacular victories over Eddie Alvarez, Nate Diaz, Jose Aldo, Chad Mendes and Dustin Poirier. McGregor now aims to take out another legend and prove he is still among the pound-for-pound best fighters on the planet.
The record holder for most wins and finishes in UFC history, Cerrone (36-13 1NC, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.) is no stranger to delivering iconic MMA moments. During his storied run, he has netted incredible finishes against Mike Perry, Matt Brown, Rick Story, Edson Barboza and Charles Oliveira. Cerrone now looks to continue building his legacy by securing another highlight-reel knockout in the biggest fight of his career.
A former UFC and WEC champion, Pettis (22-9, fighting out of Milwaukee, Wisc.) returns to lightweight after an exciting run at 170 pounds. Among the most dynamic finishers in MMA, he has earned sensational stoppage victories over Stephen Thompson, Gilbert Melendez, Benson Henderson and Charles Oliveira. He now has his sights set on another big win against one of the division’s toughest budding contenders.
A lightweight division mainstay since 2014, Ferreira (16-2, fighting out of Pharr, Texas by way of Terra Nova, Brazil) is currently riding a tremendous five-fight win streak. During this run, the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt has secured impressive victories against Mairbek Taisumov, Rustam Khabilov, Jared Gordon and Olivier Aubin-Mercier. Ferreira now hopes to add a former champion to his resume and crack the 155-pound top 15.
Additional bouts on the card include:
- No. 6 ranked women’s strawweight contender Claudia Gadelha (17-4, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) looks to continue building her momentum against rising No. 11 Alexa Grasso (11-3, fighting out of Guadalajara, Mexico)
- Former women’s bantamweight champion and No. 3 ranked contender Holly Holm (12-5, fighting out of Albuquerque, N.M.) takes on No. 6 Raquel Pennington (10-8, fighting out of Colorado Springs, Colo.) in a highly anticipated rematch
- Andre Fili (20-6, fighting out of Sacramento, Calif.) meets Sodiq Yusuff (10-1, fighting out of Bladensburg, Md. by way of Lagos, Nigeria) in an exciting battle of featherweight prospects
- In a pivotal clash of women’s flyweight contenders, No. 7 ranked Roxanne Modafferi (23-17, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nev.) faces undefeated No. 9 Maycee Barber (7-0, fighting out of Milwaukee, Wisc.)
- Talented lightweights collide when Drew Dober (21-9 1NC, fighting out of Denver, Colo.) squares off with Nasrat Haqparast (11-2, fighting out of Hamburg, Germany)
- In a clash of heavyweight contenders, No. 12 ranked heavyweight contender Aleksei Oleinik (57-13-1, fighting out of Moscow, Russia) locks horns with No. 15 Maurice Greene (8-4, fighting out of St Cloud, Minn.)
- Dana White’s Contender Series signee Aleksa Camur (5-0, fighting out of Broadview Heights, Ohio) debuts against Justin Ledet (9-2 1NC, fighting out of Rosharon, Texas)
- Chas Skelly (18-4, fighting out of Arlington, Texas) faces Dana White’s Contender Series veteran Grant Dawson (14-1, fighting out of Lee’s Summit, Mo.) in a featherweight bout
- Sabino Mazo (7-1, fighting out of Huntington Beach, Calif. by way of Medellin, Colombia) squares off with JJ Aldrich (8-3, fighting out of Westminster, Colo.)
- No. 7 ranked flyweight contender Tim Elliott (16-9-1, fighting out of Lee’s Summit, Mo.) takes on unbeaten No. 12 Askar Askaroy (10-0-1, fighting out of Khasavyurt, Dagestan, Russia)
- Brian Kelleher (19-10, fighting out of Selden, N.Y.) meets newcomer Ode’ Osbourne (7-2 1NC, fighting out of Milwaukee, Wisc.)
ESPN+ is the exclusive provider of all UFC Pay-Per-View events to fans in the U.S. as part of an agreement that continues through 2025.
Preliminary fights will air nationally in English on ESPN and on ESPN Deportes (in Spanish) starting at 7 p.m. with the early prelims simulcast on UFC Fight Pass and ESPN+ at 5:15 p.m.
For the latest information on additional bouts for this event, please visit www.ufc.com. All bouts live and subject to change.
For the latest news and high resolution artwork, visit the Beau Rivage Digital Newsroom.
UFC® is the world’s premier mixed martial arts organization (MMA), with more than 300 million fans and 75 million social media followers. The organization produces more than 40 live events annually in some of the most prestigious arenas around the world, while broadcasting to nearly one billion TV households across more than 170 countries. UFC’s athlete roster features the world’s best MMA athletes representing more than 65 countries. The organization’s digital offerings include UFC FIGHT PASS®, one of the world’s leading streaming services for combat sports. UFC was acquired in 2016 by global entertainment, sports and content company Endeavor, along with strategic investors Silver Lake Partners and KKR. UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada. For more information, visit UFC.com and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram: @UFC.
ABOUT BEAU RIVAGE
Already known as the crown jewel of the Gulf Coast, Beau Rivage Resort & Casino continues to raise the bar. Named one of the “South’s Best Resorts” by Southern Living, MGM Resorts International’s AAA Four Diamond beachfront resort features 1,740 elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites, 10 restaurants, exciting nightlife and an 85,000-square-foot gaming area including TAP Book Bar & Bistreaux, Mississippi’s full-service sports betting and entertainment destination. The resort also offers live entertainment in its 1,550-seat theatre, an upscale shopping promenade with a Black Clover Lounge and Topgolf Swing Suite, a world-class spa & salon and Fallen Oak, a Tom Fazio-designed championship golf course. For more information and reservations, call (888) 567-6667 or visit www.beaurivage.com.
Mary Cracchiolo Spain, Beau Rivage Resort & Casino, 228-386-7134, firstname.lastname@example.org