MGM SPRINGFIELD TO REOPEN JULY 13
Employee and Guest Health & Safety at the Forefront of Resort’s Reopening
(Springfield, MA – July 2, 2020) – MGM Springfield today announced the reopening date of its resort following closure earlier this year amidst the COVID-19 crisis. The property will reopen in a limited capacity to the public on Monday, July 13 at 10:00am EST. A hosted, invitation-only event will take place ahead of the public reopening. MGM Springfield’s amenity offerings initially will be limited and do not include hotel rooms at this time. Additional venues, as well as the hotel, will open in the coming weeks and months.
“This is a community that continues to overcome hardships by supporting and caring for one another, and it is a privilege to be a part of it.” said Chris Kelley, President of the Northeast Group, MGM Resorts. “When we reopen our doors, we do so with the health and safety of our guests and employees as our number one priority. The property will look a little different, but the great experience at MGM Springfield will remain the same. We look forward to welcoming our guests back.”
Health & Safety
MGM Resorts’ comprehensive “Seven-Point Safety Plan” is a multi-layered set of protocols and procedures designed in conjunction with medical and scientific experts to mitigate the spread of the virus, protect customers and employees and rapidly respond to potential new cases. As time passes, the company will continue to evaluate and evolve its safety protocols. Key initiatives from the MGM Resorts plan as well as specific to MGM Springfield include:
- Employee screening, temperature checks and COVID-19 specific training
- Employees and guests will be required to wear masks in public areas. Masks will be provided free of charge
- A physical distancing policy will be implemented, with floor guides serving as reminders
- For areas where physical distancing presents challenges, plexiglass barriers will be installed, or other measures will be used to reduce risks
- Standalone handwashing stations designed by MGM Resorts conveniently located on the casino floor
- In addition to increased and enhanced routine cleaning of guestrooms (where applicable) and public spaces based on CDC guidance, electrostatic sprayers will be utilized in many large public spaces so that disinfectant is applied efficiently
- Digital menus will be available to view on personal mobile devices via QR codes in the resort’s food and beverage outlets
- To minimize groups congregating while they wait, restaurant guests will receive text message notification when their tables are ready
- MGM has compiled an internal team and processes to respond if a guest or employee tests positive for COVID-19. If a guest tests positive after visiting an MGM property, they are asked to alert the company through a special email address (email@example.com). The company will immediately report any positive test results to the local health department and assist with contact tracing to support the health department investigators.
Per the Massachusetts Gaming Commission’ guidelines, the property will adhere to a substantially reduced capacity limit during this initial phase of reopening.
A glimpse at what guests can expect:
- HOTEL & SPA – MGM Springfield’s hotel and spa will remain closed until a future date.
- GAMING – To promote physical distancing, slot machines will be disabled to accommodate six feet between players; poker, roulette and craps will not be available in this first phase of reopening.
- DINING – Initially, dining options will be limited to Tap Sports Bar, South End Market and Costa’s pizza counter. Guests will utilize digital innovations such as QR codes for menus.
- BEVERAGE – Beverage service will be available on the casino floor and in connection with seated dining. To promote keeping the mask on, guests are not allowed to move around the casino floor with a drink; casino beverage service will be limited to those actively playing.
- PARKING/VALET – Complimentary self-parking will be available for guests; valet parking will not be operational at this time.
Days and hours of operation at all venues will vary. For a full list of offerings, please visit mgmspringfield.com. MGM Springfield will continue to work closely with medical experts and state officials to determine how to safely and appropriately offer more amenities and entertainment to guests.
About MGM Springfield
MGM Springfield covers three city blocks in the heart of downtown Springfield, Mass. As the world’s first LEED™ Platinum-certified gaming resort, MGM Springfield ignites a cultural and economic renaissance in a historic New England city by seamlessly blending new design with restored historic buildings. The resort offers more than 125,000 square feet of gaming space, a 240-room boutique hotel on Main Street, superior spa services, diverse retail and inspired dining headlined by Costa and The Chandler Steakhouse. MGM Springfield also features a seven-screen Regal luxury cinema complex, bowling lanes, a seasonal skating rink and outdoor marketplace displaying local art, events and talent. For more information, visit the MGM Springfield Newsroom or mgmspringfield.com.
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is an S&P 500® global entertainment company with national and international locations featuring best-in-class hotels and casinos, state-of-the-art meetings and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment experiences, and an extensive array of restaurant, nightlife and retail offerings. MGM Resorts creates immersive, iconic experiences through its suite of Las Vegas-inspired brands. The MGM Resorts portfolio encompasses 29 unique hotel and destination gaming offerings in the United States and Macau, including some of the most recognizable resort brands in the industry such as Bellagio, MGM Grand, ARIA and Park MGM. The Company’s 50/50 venture, ROAR Digital LLC, offers U.S. sports betting and online gaming through market-leading brands, including BetMGM and partypoker. The Company is currently pursuing targeted expansion in Asia through the integrated resort opportunity in Japan. Through its “Focused on What Matters: Embracing Humanity and Protecting the Planet” initiative, MGM Resorts commits to creating a more sustainable future, while striving to make a bigger difference in the lives of its employees, guests, and in the communities where it operates. The global employees of MGM Resorts are proud of their company for being recognized as one of FORTUNE® Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies®. For more information, please visit us at www.mgmresorts.com. Please also connect with us @MGMResortsIntl on Twitter as well as Facebook and Instagram.
Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this release that are not historical facts are "forward-looking" statements and "safe harbor statements" that involve risks and/or uncertainties, including those described in MGM Resorts’ public filings with the SEC. MGM Resorts has based forward-looking statements on management’s current expectations and assumptions and not on historical facts. Examples of these statements include, but are not limited to, statements MGM Resorts makes regarding how and when its properties will re-open and its ability to mitigate the spread of the virus. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated in such forward-looking statements include the continued spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, the potential for additional future outbreaks of the virus, the general economic conditions and market conditions in the markets in which MGM Resorts operates and competition with other destination travel locations throughout the United States and the world, the design, timing and costs of expansion projects, risks relating to international operations, permits, licenses, financings, approvals and other contingencies in connection with growth in new or existing jurisdictions and additional risks and uncertainties described in MGM Resorts’ Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and Form 8-K reports (including all amendments to those reports). In providing forward-looking statements, MGM Resorts is not undertaking any duty or obligation to update these statements publicly as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. If the Company updates one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that it will make additional updates with respect to those other forward-looking statements.