MGM Springfield Launches ‘MGM LIVE’ Summer Concert Series on The Plaza
Live Shows to Energize Downtown throughout the Season
SPRINGFIELD, MASS. (March 25, 2019) – MGM Springfield, New England’s premier entertainment destination, is heating up the summer season with MGM LIVE Presented by The Big E. The Plaza will host the exciting concert series featuring a variety of complimentary and ticketed live performances beginning in May.
With the beauty of the historic Armory as its backdrop, MGM LIVE’s incredible lineup of talent will bring an eclectic mix of artists and bands to an incredible outdoor stage in downtown Springfield.
Guests from across the region will rock to performances from artists like LOCASH, Matt + Kim, Collective Soul & Gin Blossoms, Hanson and Warrant as well as shows by some of New England’s favorite acts like Trailer Trash, FAT and more.
The MGM LIVE lineup features:
- Saturday, May 11 – Dokken and Last in Line*
- Friday, May 24 – Trailer Trash
- Thursday, May 30 – FAT
- Saturday, June 1 – Now’s the Time Tour - Collective Soul and Gin Blossoms*
- Saturday, June 8 – HANSON*
- Thursday, June 13 - Shokazoba
- Friday, June 14 – Usually Normal
- Thursday, June 20 – Livio Gravini & The Free Spirit Society / The Kings
- Friday, June 21 – Matt + Kim*
- Thursday, June 27 – 80sHD
- Friday, June 28 – Dalton & The Sheriffs
- Saturday, June 29 – Village People*
- Friday, July 5 – The Fab Four – The Ultimate Tribute *
- Thursday, July 11 – The Alchemystics / Dorren Pierre
- Friday, July 12 – Matt Maratea
- Thursday, July 18 – Michelle Brooks Thompson
- Friday, July 19 – Joon
- Friday, July 26 – Consider The Source
- Saturday, July 27 – Warrant & Firehouse*
- Thursday, Aug. 1 – Savage Brothers
- Thursday, Aug. 15 – Duppy Conquerors
- Friday, Aug. 16 – Blue Eyed Blackbird
- Friday, Aug. 23 – LOCASH*
- Thursday, Sept. 5 – The Glen Campbell & Friends Goodtime Show
*Shows marked with an asterisk are ticketed events. All other shows are complimentary.
“MGM Springfield is committed to bringing the best in live entertainment to downtown,” said Talia Spera, Executive Director of Entertainment, MGM Springfield. “MGM LIVE reaffirms our commitment to re-energize the concert scene in Springfield as we activate our lively open-air venue during the height of the summer music season.”
Tickets for select MGM LIVE shows will go on sale to the general public Friday, March 29 at 10 a.m. EST. Tickets may be purchased online at mgmspringfield.com or at the MGM Springfield M life Rewards & Cashier desk.
For additional details, including show times and ticket prices, visit mgmspringfield.com.
Sponsors of MGM LIVE include The Big E, The Springfield Business Improvement District, Williams Distributing Company, MIX 93.1 FM, KIX 100.9 FM and 94.7 WMAS-FM.
About MGM Springfield
MGM Springfield covers three city blocks in the heart of downtown Springfield, Mass. As the world’s first LEED™ Platinum-certified gaming resort, MGM Springfield ignites a cultural and economic renaissance in a historic New England city by seamlessly blending new design with restored historic buildings. The resort offers more than 125,000 square feet of gaming space, a 250-room boutique hotel on Main Street, superior spa services, diverse retail and inspired dining headlined by award-winning Chef Michael Mina’s Cal Mare. MGM Springfield also features a seven-screen Regal luxury cinema complex, bowling lanes, a seasonal skating rink and outdoor marketplace displaying local art, events and talent. The property opened on August 24, 2018. For additional information, please visit mgmspringfield.com.
# # #