MGM Springfield Elevates Fine Dining in Downtown with New Menu at The Chandler Steakhouse
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (August 2, 2019) – MGM Springfield bolsters the fine dining experience in downtown Springfield, introducing a new menu at The Chandler Steakhouse. Delectable dishes such as Watermelon Burrata, The Chandler Roll and Lobster Cake are highlights as Executive Chef Kyle Beausoleil inspires the palate by infusing Asian flavors with traditional New England flair to serve the finest steaks and seafood available.
“I thrive on using different flavor profiles and pairings with my cooking techniques,” said Beausoleil. “With more than 20 years of New England culinary experience, I’m always looking to implement creative twists on classics with every dish. It’s been a fun process to collaborate with the chef team to curate this menu – it is full of new items that are sure to please the palate.”
Highlights of the new menu include:
- A light, crisp and fresh Spanish-style summery salad in the Watermelon Burrata, which features Yellow and Red Watermelon, Sherry Vinaigrette, Grape Tomato and Iberico Ham.
- The Chandler Roll, an upscale version of a classic sushi roll, features Spicy Salmon, King Crab, Avocado and Cucumber Wasabi Aioli.
- Lobster Cake is all about innovation, daring the guest to try something new and delightful. This flavorful regional appetizer is full of fresh New England Lobster and Green Apples topped with Avocado Jalapeno Crème.
Additional dishes from the grill include:
- Berkshire Pork Chop, a 14-ounce pork chop prepared to order, topped with a sweet yet tart rhubarb chutney.
- Tomahawk Ribeye, a 32-ounce ribeye served on a custom-built stand and carved tableside for the guest.
Located in the former Union House Hotel – later renamed The Chandler Hotel – The Chandler Steakhouse space was preserved as part of MGM Springfield’s development. After opening in 1846, the venue was frequented by many notable officials, including the 11th U.S. President James K. Polk and future President James Buchanan.
The Chandler Steakhouse is open Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday – Saturday 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. For more information, to view the full menu or to make reservations, visit MGM Springfield online.
About MGM Springfield
MGM Springfield covers three city blocks in the heart of downtown Springfield, Mass. As the world’s first LEED™ Platinum-certified gaming resort, MGM Springfield ignites a cultural and economic renaissance in a historic New England city by seamlessly blending new design with restored historic buildings. The resort offers more than 125,000 square feet of gaming space, a 250-room boutique hotel on Main Street, superior spa services, diverse retail and inspired dining headlined by award-winning Chef Michael Mina’s Cal Mare. MGM Springfield also features a seven-screen Regal luxury cinema complex, bowling lanes, a seasonal skating rink and outdoor marketplace displaying local art, events and talent. The property opened on August 24, 2018. For additional information, please visit mgmspringfield.com.