MGM Resorts International Restaurants Earn Wine Spectator Restaurant Awards in 2022
Global Entertainment Company Wins 33 Awards; Venues Among the World’s Best Restaurants for Wine
LAS VEGAS, NV (July 18, 2022) —MGM Resorts International is proud to have been honored for its outstanding wine programs in Wine Spectator’s 2022 Restaurant Awards, which celebrate the world’s best restaurants for wine.
For MGM Resorts International images, click here.
Photo credit: MGM Resorts International
“I want to congratulate all 3,169 restaurants that earned one of Wine Spectator’s three awards for their devotion to all things wine,” said Marvin R. Shanken, Editor and Publisher, Wine Spectator. “These awards not only guide our readers to dining establishments with impressive wine lists and outstanding service, but also serve to honor restaurants for their achievements and commitment to maintaining pristine cellars. We are thrilled to reveal our 2022 Dining Guide, which points to places where wine drinkers are warmly welcomed.”
MGM Resorts International Wine Director Douglas Kim added, “Our restaurant sommeliers do an extraordinary job of interacting with our guests so as to understand their wine tastes and preferences. These interactions coupled with strong product knowledge allow them to create exemplary wine lists that are smart, fun, and full of unique offerings. I am extremely proud of the first-class hospitality they deliver on a daily basis and applaud all of our talented restaurant team winners on this well-deserved recognition.”
Wine Spectator began its program to recognize the world’s best wine lists in 1981. There are three levels: the Award of Excellence, the Best of Award of Excellence and the Grand Award—with 1,782; 1,290; and 97 winners this year in each respective category.
The 2022 Wine Spectator Award winners at MGM Resorts International are:
- GRAND AWARD: The Grand Award is the program’s highest honor. This elite group comprises the world’s best wine programs, which deliver serious breadth of top producers, outstanding depth in mature vintages, a selection of large-format bottles, excellent harmony with the menu and superior presentation.
- Bellagio: Picasso
- MGM Grand: Joel Robuchon Restaurant
- Mandalay Bay: Aureole
- BEST OF AWARD OF EXCELLENCE: Best of Award of Excellence recipients display excellent breadth across multiple winegrowing regions and/or significant vertical depth of top producers, along with superior presentation.
- Bellagio: Jasmine, Lago, Le Cirque, Michael Mina, Prime, Spago, The Mayfair Supper Club
- ARIA: Bardot Brasserie, Blossom, Carbone, CATCH, Julian Serrano, Jean Georges Steakhouse
- MGM Grand Las Vegas: Craftsteak, Emeril’s New Orleans Fish House, L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon
- Mandalay Bay: STRIPSTEAK
- Delano Las Vegas: Rivea
- Nomad Las Vegas: NoMad
- The Mirage: Heritage Steak
- MGM National Harbor: Voltaggio Brothers Steak House
- Borgata: Angeline by Michael Symon, Old Homestead Steak House
- AWARD OF EXCELLENCE: The Award of Excellence recognizes restaurants whose wine lists feature a well-chosen assortment of quality producers along with a thematic match to the menu in both price and style.
- Mandalay Bay: Libertine Social
- Park MGM: Bavette’s
- Borgata: American Bar & Grille, Izakaya
- Beau Rivage: Jia, BR Prime Steakhouse, Stalla Italian Kitchen
Wine Spectator’s special Restaurant Awards issue is now available.
Follow the Restaurant Awards on Instagram (@wsrestaurantawards), with hashtag #WSRestaurantAward, and at Restaurants.WineSpectator.com, where all winners can be searched by location and sorted by attributes including name, proximity, award level, cuisine and pricing. Winners are also profiled in the free Restaurant Awards app, available for iPhone and iPad users.
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is an S&P 500® global entertainment company with national and international locations featuring best-in-class hotels and casinos, state-of-the-art meetings and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment experiences, and an extensive array of restaurant, nightlife and retail offerings. MGM Resorts creates immersive, iconic experiences through its suite of Las Vegas-inspired brands. The MGM Resorts portfolio encompasses 33 unique hotel and gaming destinations globally, including some of the most recognizable resort brands in the industry. The Company’s 50/50 venture, BetMGM, LLC, offers U.S. sports betting and online gaming through market-leading brands, including BetMGM and partypoker. The Company is currently pursuing targeted expansion in Asia through the integrated resort opportunity in Japan. Through its “Focused on What Matters: Embracing Humanity and Protecting the Planet” philosophy, MGM Resorts commits to creating a more sustainable future, while striving to make a bigger difference in the lives of its employees, guests, and in the communities where it operates. The global employees of MGM Resorts are proud of their company for being recognized as one of FORTUNE® Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies®. For more information, please visit us at www.mgmresorts.com. Please also connect with us @MGMResortsIntl on Twitter as well as Facebook and Instagram.
About Wine Spectator
Wine Spectator is the world’s leading authority on wine. Anchored by Wine Spectator magazine, a print publication that reaches around 3 million readers worldwide, the brand also encompasses the Web’s most comprehensive wine site (WineSpectator.com), mobile platforms and a series of signature events. Wine Spectator examines the world of wine from the vineyard to the table, exploring wine’s role in contemporary culture and delivering expert reviews. Parent company M. Shanken Communications, Inc., also publishes Cigar Aficionado, Whisky Advocate, Market Watch, Shanken News Daily and Shanken’s Impact Newsletter.
# # #