MGM Resorts International Announces Nationwide Mask Policy
Guests and visitors inside public spaces will be required to wear masks at all MGM Resorts properties throughout the United States
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) today announced that it will require masks for all guests and visitors inside public spaces at every MGM Resorts property in the United States. The Company previously required all employees to wear masks, while guest and visitor mask requirements were based on local regulations.
MGM Resorts released the following statement:
“As part of our work to continually update and evolve our health and safety policies, we are now requiring masks for all guests and visitors inside public spaces. This will apply to all MGM Resorts properties across the United States and will become effective by Friday. If a guest is in need of a mask, we will provide one. We hope that our guests will do their part to help the collective efforts to curtail the spread of the virus. Guests who do not wish to comply will be asked to leave the property.
It is clear that the coronavirus still presents a significant public health threat, and masks have proven to be one of the best ways to curtail the spread. We want guests and employees to feel comfortable that we are putting their health and safety first.”
Health & Safety
In May, MGM Resorts released its comprehensive “Seven-Point Safety Plan,” a multi-layered set of protocols and procedures designed in conjunction with medical and scientific experts to mitigate the spread of the virus, protect customers and employees and rapidly respond to potential new cases. As time passes, the company will continue to evaluate and evolve its safety protocols. Key initiatives from the MGM Resorts plan include:
- Employee screening, temperature checks and COVID-19 specific training
- Employees and guests are required to wear masks in public areas. Masks will be provided free of charge
- Guest health screenings upon entry
- A physical distancing policy implemented, with floor guides serving as reminders
- For areas where physical distancing presents challenges, plexiglass barriers are installed, or other measures will be used to reduce risks
- Standalone handwashing stations designed by MGM Resorts conveniently located on the casino floor
- Guestroom Attendants wear masks and gloves while cleaning rooms and change gloves between guestrooms
- In addition to increased and enhanced routine cleaning of guestrooms and public spaces based on CDC guidance, electrostatic sprayers are utilized in many large public spaces so that disinfectant is applied efficiently
- Digital menus are available to view on personal mobile devices via QR codes in the resort’s food and beverage outlets
- To minimize groups congregating while they wait, restaurant guests receive text message notification when their tables are ready
- MGM has compiled its own internal team and processes to respond if a guest or employee tests positive for COVID-19. We ask that if a guest tests positive after visiting one of our properties, they alert us through a special email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). We immediately report any positive test results to the local health department and assist with contact tracing to support the health department investigators.
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is an S&P 500® global entertainment company with national and international locations featuring best-in-class hotels and casinos, state-of-the-art meetings and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment experiences, and an extensive array of restaurant, nightlife and retail offerings. MGM Resorts creates immersive, iconic experiences through its suite of Las Vegas-inspired brands. The MGM Resorts portfolio encompasses 29 unique hotel and destination gaming offerings in the United States and Macau, including some of the most recognizable resort brands in the industry such as Bellagio, MGM Grand, ARIA and Park MGM. The Company’s 50/50 venture, ROAR Digital LLC, offers U.S. sports betting and online gaming through market-leading brands, including BetMGM and partypoker. The Company is currently pursuing targeted expansion in Asia through the integrated resort opportunity in Japan. Through its “Focused on What Matters: Embracing Humanity and Protecting the Planet” initiative, MGM Resorts commits to creating a more sustainable future, while striving to make a bigger difference in the lives of its employees, guests, and in the communities where it operates. The global employees of MGM Resorts are proud of their company for being recognized as one of FORTUNE® Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies®. For more information, please visit us at www.mgmresorts.com. Please also connect with us @MGMResortsIntl on Twitter as well as Facebook and Instagram.
Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this release that are not historical facts are "forward-looking" statements and "safe harbor statements" that involve risks and/or uncertainties, including those described in MGM Resorts’ public filings with the SEC. MGM Resorts has based forward-looking statements on management’s current expectations and assumptions and not on historical facts. Examples of these statements include, but are not limited to, statements MGM Resorts makes regarding how and when its properties will re-open and its ability to mitigate the spread of the virus. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated in such forward-looking statements include the continued spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, the potential for additional future outbreaks of the virus, the general economic conditions and market conditions in the markets in which MGM Resorts operates and competition with other destination travel locations throughout the United States and the world, the design, timing and costs of expansion projects, risks relating to international operations, permits, licenses, financings, approvals and other contingencies in connection with growth in new or existing jurisdictions and additional risks and uncertainties described in MGM Resorts’ Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and Form 8-K reports (including all amendments to those reports). In providing forward-looking statements, MGM Resorts is not undertaking any duty or obligation to update these statements publicly as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. If the Company updates one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that it will make additional updates with respect to those other forward-looking statements.
MGM RESORTS MEDIA CONTACT:
Director of Media Relations