MGM National Harbor Ushers in Spring with Grand Conservatory Display and Cherry Blossom-Themed Dining Specials
MGM National Harbor is ringing in the new season with exclusive cherry pick specials, and a new conservatory display.
NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. (March 29, 2022) – MGM National Harbor welcomes the springtime spirit with an immersive seasonal Conservatory display and savory cherry blossom-themed dining specials.
MGM National Harbor’s latest Conservatory display highlights the beauty of the season in the DMV inspired by the region’s famed cherry blossom celebrations. The 15,000-square-foot space is filled with vibrant florals and oversized artistic elements that capture the elegance of spring and summer. Striking butterflies and colorful kites dance overhead from the 85-foot atrium, as the sounds of chirping birds and flowing water offer a sense of tranquility. Guests can experience the stunning presentation through September 10.
- Nearly 2,300 plants used throughout the display
- 24 6-foot overhead diamond kites
- Nine 8-foot overhead box kites
- 18 8-foot butterflies at various heights and colors
- 18-foot-tall bamboo watering can with water feature
- 8-foot-tall animatronic butterfly
- Five 12-foot-tall pink Iris flowers
- 5-foot-tall animatronic frog
- 15-foot-tall mosaic birdbath fountain
- 22-foot-tall cherry blossom tree
- 12-foot birch bridge
- 6-foot water spigot
Culinary minds across MGM National Harbor have created special cocktails and dishes exclusively for cherry blossom season, available through April 17.
- Voltaggio Brothers Steak House
- Braised 8 oz. Short Rib with sherried cherry sauce, pomme puree and garlic crumble ($45)
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts with plumped cherries and port glaze ($14)
- Blossom Bliss cocktail featuring Kettle Orange Vodka, Bombay Sapphire, lemon juice, Cointreau, tropical jam, orange bitters, ango bitters and citrus bubble ($19)
- TAP Sports Bar
- Cherry Bourbon-Glazed Wings, breaded and fried ($17)
- Cinnamon Bun with a champagne berry compote ($10)
- Cherried Fashioned, a riff on the classic libation with a cherry brandy twist ($16)
- Sweet Bitter Blossom featuring gin, white cranberry juice and lemon juice, garnished with cotton candy ($14)
- Rosé Sangria pinot grigio, triple sec, simple syrup, lemon juice and Angry Orchard Rosé ($14)
- Diablo’s Cantina
- Duck Confit Tacos with cherry and orange relish, jicama, and radish slaw ($16)
- Slow-Roasted Pork Belly with cherry-chipotle glaze and achiote potato cakes ($28)
- Hanami Roll with pink soy wrapped yellowtail, topped with wasabi mayo and ikura or tobiko ($15)
- Sakura Roll, a California roll topped with Sakura denbu ($13)
- Memphis Q & Honey’s
- Black Cherry BBQ Sauce available as a complement for all smoke sets and wings
About MGM National Harbor
Located in an unrivaled setting, MGM National Harbor offers stunning panoramic views of the eastern shore of the Potomac River in Maryland. The $1.4 billion LEED® Gold Certified resort sits a short distance from Washington, D.C. to the north and historic sites, including George Washington’s Mount Vernon estate across the river in Virginia. The 24-story, 308-room resort features premier amenities and experiences for locals as well as visitors from around the world including a dynamic two-level casino with over 160,000 square feet of space that includes slots, table games and poker; a world-class spa and salon; an entertainment theater with flexible seating for up to 3,000; high- end branded retail; 50,000 square feet of meeting space; and restaurants from renowned local, national and international chefs. MGM National Harbor is owned by MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information, visit mgmnationalharbor.com or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
MGM National Harbor
Robert Flicker / Allissa Williams
Kirvin Doak Communications