MGM NATIONAL HARBOR TO REOPEN JUNE 29
Employee and Guest Health & Safety at Forefront of Capital Region Resort’s Reopening
(Prince George’s County, Md. – June 23, 2020) – MGM National Harbor – MGM Resorts International’s (NYSE: MGM) (“MGM Resorts”) luxury resort and casino located in the heart of the nation’s Capital Region – will reopen to the general public at 6:00am on Monday, June 29 following its closure earlier this year amidst the coronavirus crisis. A hosted, invitation-only event will take place ahead of the public reopening. MGM National Harbor’s amenity offerings initially will be limited with plans to open additional venues in the coming weeks and months.
“The last several months have been challenging for the entire world, including our employees and the surrounding DMV community. As we enter this next phase, we are proud and excited to begin getting our employees back to work and to continue working with our local business partners,” said Jorge Perez, MGM Resorts Regional Portfolio President and President of MGM National Harbor. “The health and safety of our guests and employees is our top priority as we plan for our reopening, and we look forward to welcoming everyone back for some much-needed entertainment.”
Health & Safety
In May, MGM Resorts released its comprehensive “Seven-Point Safety Plan,” a multi-layered set of protocols and procedures designed in conjunction with medical and scientific experts to mitigate the spread of the virus, protect customers and employees and rapidly respond to potential new cases. As time passes, the company will continue to evaluate and evolve its safety protocols. Key initiatives from the MGM Resorts plan as well as specific to MGM National Harbor include:
· Employee screening, temperature checks and COVID-19 specific training
· Employees and guests will be required to wear masks in public areas. Masks will be provided free of charge
· Guest temperature checks at casino floor entrances and hotel front desk
· A physical distancing policy will be implemented, with floor guides serving as reminders
· For areas where physical distancing presents challenges, plexiglass barriers will be installed, or other measures will be used to reduce risks
· Standalone handwashing stations designed by MGM Resorts conveniently located on the casino floor
· Contactless Check-In through the MGM Resorts App will allow hotel guests to go through the check-in process on their personal devices, minimizing interactions
· Guestroom Attendants will wear masks and gloves while cleaning each room and will change gloves between guestrooms
· In addition to increased and enhanced routine cleaning of guestrooms and public spaces based on CDC guidance, electrostatic sprayers will be utilized in many large public spaces so that disinfectant is applied efficiently
· Digital menus will be available to view on personal mobile devices via QR codes in the resort’s food and beverage outlets
· To minimize groups congregating while they wait, restaurant guests will receive text message notification when their tables are ready
· MGM has compiled its own internal team and processes to respond if a guest or employee tests positive for COVID-19. We ask that if a guest tests positive after visiting one of our properties, they alert us through a special email address (email@example.com). We will immediately report any positive test results to the local health department and assist with contact tracing to support the health department investigators.
Per the Governor’s guidelines, the property will adhere to a 50% capacity limit.
A glimpse at what guests can expect:
· ROOMS & SUITES – Relax in one of MGM National Harbor’s rooms and suites, featuring panoramic views of the Potomac River and the Capital Region. Digital innovations will allow guests to utilize contactless check-in and digital key features. Guests will have their temperature checked at the hotel front desk.
· CONSERVATORY & POTOMAC PLAZA – Explore MGM National Harbor’s Conservatory, which will present “Blossoms and Butterflies,” paying homage to the world-famous cherry blossom trees. Potomac Plaza, offering panoramic views of the DMV, will also be accessible. For guest safety, new traffic patterns and physical distancing protocols will be in place.
· GAMING – Place your bets in MGM National Harbor’s 160,000-square-foot casino, including slots and table games. To promote physical distancing, every other slot machine will be disabled, and plexiglass barriers have been installed at many of the table games. At security checkpoints to enter the casino floor, guests will have their temperature checked via thermal scanner. Poker will not be available in this first phase of reopening.
· DINING – Enjoy a selection of MGM National Harbor’s dining venues, including Voltaggio Brothers Steak House, Ginger, the food hall at National Market, and Bellagio Patisserie. Guests will utilize digital innovations such as QR codes for menus and text messaging for reservations.
· BEVERAGE – A number of the resort’s lounges will be available, including Blossom Felt Bar & Lounge and the Lobby Bar.
· ART – Immerse yourself in MGM National Harbor’s Heritage Art Collection, including stunning pieces by more than 70 local and national artists.
· RETAIL – Sundries, snacks and souvenirs will be available at MGM & Co.
Days and hours of operation at all venues will vary. Complimentary self-parking will be available for guests; valet parking will not be operational at this time. For a full list of offerings, and to make reservations, please visit mgmnationalharbor.com.
About MGM National Harbor
Located in an unrivaled setting, MGM National Harbor offers stunning panoramic views of the eastern shore of the Potomac River in Maryland. The $1.4 billion LEED® Gold Certified resort sits a short distance from Washington, D.C. to the north and historic sites, including George Washington’s Mount Vernon estate across the river in Virginia. The 24-story, 308-room resort features premier amenities and experiences for locals as well as visitors from around the world including a dynamic two-level casino with over 160,000 square feet of space that includes slots, table games and poker; a world-class spa and salon; an entertainment theater with flexible seating for up to 3,000; high- end branded retail; 50,000 square feet of meeting space; and restaurants from renowned chefs. MGM National Harbor is owned by MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information, visit mgmnationalharbor.com or follow on Facebook and Twitter.
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is an S&P 500® global entertainment company with national and international locations featuring best-in-class hotels and casinos, state-of-the-art meetings and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment experiences, and an extensive array of restaurant, nightlife and retail offerings. MGM Resorts creates immersive, iconic experiences through its suite of Las Vegas-inspired brands. The MGM Resorts portfolio encompasses 29 unique hotel and destination gaming offerings in the United States and Macau, including some of the most recognizable resort brands in the industry such as Bellagio, MGM Grand, ARIA and Park MGM. The Company’s 50/50 venture, ROAR Digital LLC, offers U.S. sports betting and online gaming through market-leading brands, including BetMGM and partypoker. The Company is currently pursuing targeted expansion in Asia through the integrated resort opportunity in Japan. Through its “Focused on What Matters: Embracing Humanity and Protecting the Planet” initiative, MGM Resorts commits to creating a more sustainable future, while striving to make a bigger difference in the lives of its employees, guests, and in the communities where it operates. The global employees of MGM Resorts are proud of their company for being recognized as one of FORTUNE® Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies®. For more information, please visit us at www.mgmresorts.com. Please also connect with us @MGMResortsIntl on Twitter as well as Facebook and Instagram.
Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this release that are not historical facts are "forward-looking" statements and "safe harbor statements" that involve risks and/or uncertainties, including those described in MGM Resorts’ public filings with the SEC. MGM Resorts has based forward-looking statements on management’s current expectations and assumptions and not on historical facts. Examples of these statements include, but are not limited to, statements MGM Resorts makes regarding how and when its properties will re-open and its ability to mitigate the spread of the virus. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated in such forward-looking statements include the continued spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, the potential for additional future outbreaks of the virus, the general economic conditions and market conditions in the markets in which MGM Resorts operates and competition with other destination travel locations throughout the United States and the world, the design, timing and costs of expansion projects, risks relating to international operations, permits, licenses, financings, approvals and other contingencies in connection with growth in new or existing jurisdictions and additional risks and uncertainties described in MGM Resorts’ Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and Form 8-K reports (including all amendments to those reports). In providing forward-looking statements, MGM Resorts is not undertaking any duty or obligation to update these statements publicly as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. If the Company updates one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that it will make additional updates with respect to those other forward-looking statements.