A Walk Through MGM Grand Detroit
A WALK-THROUGH MGM GRAND DETROIT
MGM Grand Detroit, created by one of the world’s most respected hotel and gaming companies, MGM Resorts International, was the first Las Vegas style destination to open in the heart of a metropolitan area and the first resort-style entertainment destination built from the ground up in Detroit. With unrivaled sophistication, MGM Grand Detroit is the ultimate resort-style casino hotel in Michigan, not only due to the beautiful property, but also for the unparalleled customer service. A testament to quality of service and spectacular amenities, the property has been designated Four-star by Forbes and Four-diamond by AAA.
MGM Grand Detroit Fact Sheet
MGM Grand Detroit
1777 Third Street
Detroit, MI 48226
(877) 888-2121 – General Enquiries
(877) 646-3387 – Reservations
(877) 646-3868 – Meetings & Groups
(313) 465-1656 – IMMERSE Spa
Websites – mgmgrandetroit.com
Facebook – MGM Grand Detroit
Twitter – @MGMGrandDetroit
Instagram - @mgmgranddetroit
Media Information – PR@det.mgmgrand.com
Media Newsroom – newsroom.mgmgranddetroit.com
- Grand opening:
- Temporary site – 1999
- Permanent site – 2007
- Art Deco style
- 90-minute flight from 60 percent of the nation's population; Downtown Detroit
- 18 miles from Detroit’s Metropolitan Airport
- One mile from Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- Close to stadiums: Little Caesar’s Arena, Comerica Park and Ford Field
- Anchors the city's entertainment district
- 0.8 miles from COBO Convention Center
- 400 room hotel with various room types including 65 suites.
- 147,000-square-foot casino is open 24 hours.
- Two signature restaurants – D.PRIME Steakhouse and Lounge and TAP Sports Bar
- Newly opened urban food hall, Detroit Central Market, offer endless dining options from four unique outlets
- BetMGM Sportsbook: 6 betting windows, 36 self-service betting kiosks located throughout the Casino, 60 HDTVs, Plush lounge seating and high-top seating, 14 bar top Video Poker machines
- 30,000 sq. ft. of flexible event space for private parties, conferences and events, up to 1,200 guests.
- IMMERSE spa includes eight individual spa treatment rooms, couple’s room, state-of-the-art fitness zone, indoor saltwater pool, private men’s and women’s Jacuzzis and steam room, manicure and pedicure stations, luxurious changing rooms and showers with plush towels and robes.
- 147,000-square-foot casino is open 24 hours
- Detroit’s premier poker room with lavish, comfortable seating;
- Over 150 table games from Texas Hold ’Em Bonus to classic favorites like Roulette
- Over 2,800 slots and video poker games, classic favorites to multiline video slots, ranging from 1 cent to $100.
- Complimentary covered self-parking
- Complimentary valet for registered hotel guests and NOIR and Platinum MGM Rewards members
- Designated Outdoor smoking patio located off of the casino floor.
- BetMGM Sportsbook with six betting windows and 36 self-service betting kiosks located throughout the casino.
- Winner of AAA’s coveted Four Diamond award.
- MGM Grand Detroit has the chic comfort of a world-class hotel destination with all of the luxurious amenities for today’s professional traveler. Be pampered and relax in any of the 400 stylish guest rooms and suites.
- 335 oversized guest rooms — 510 sq. ft.
- 65 spacious luxury suites including:
- 56 Corner Suites with city or skyline view — 1,000 sq. ft.
- Nine Rooftop VIP Suites comprised of:
- Executive Suites — 1,000 sq. ft.
- Penthouse Suites — 1,520 sq. ft.
- Grand Penthouse Suites — 2,020 – 2,220 sq. ft.
- Modern technology features include complimentary WiFi, HDTV screens and “Technology Butler” telephones with direct “do not disturb” communications. All guest rooms and suites feature pillow top beds and microfiber bathrobes and Keurig coffee machines.
- Dedicated hotel entrance
- Hotel Valet
- Private lobby living room for hotel guests only.
- Adult only full-service resort-style spa, indoor salt-water pool and state-of-the-art fitness center.
MGM Grand Detroit is home to an impressive collection of dining experiences.
New in 2022
- Detroit Central Market is a new urban food hall offering a fresh approach to fast-casual dining. Featuring locally and globally inspired culinary favorites—from hot fried chicken sandwiches and authentic Mexican street tacos, to tempting Asian noodles and delicious Detroit-style pizza. All served with an extra helping of modern convenience. Simply scan the QR code on your table with a mobile device to view menus, make your selections and pay. Then sit back and relax as your freshly prepared food is delivered right to your table.
- Fat Daddy's Hot Chicken - Featuring signature hot fried chicken sandwiches, tenders and entrées.
- Diablo's Tacos - Variety of authentic Mexican street tacos, quesadillas, rice, beans andfreshly made guacamole
- Grand Wok Noodle Bar - Filled with oodles of classic Asian noodles, such as Wonton Noodle Soup, Beef Chow Fun, and Singapore Curry Rice Noodles.
- The Corners Detroit-Style Pizza - Array of signature pizzas, soups and salads, The Corners is where you’ll find wholesale Italian cooking with homemade Detroit flair.
- TAP at MGM Grand Detroit - An eclectic sports-themed pub.
- D.PRIME Steakhouse - A modern steakhouse and lounge designed with a downtown vibe crafted for Detroit.
Additional Casual Options
- Breeze Dining Court - For a quick bite on the go, this quick-serve area includes multiple distinct dining experiences including local favorites like Downtown Detroit’s only National Coney Island® and award-winning Detroit Wing Company.
- The Roasted Bean Detroit - A locally focused café with fresh pastries from MGM Grand Detroit’s award-winning pastry team, sandwiches and freshly brewed coffee.
- BetMGM Sports Lounge - Catch today's biggest plays at BetMGM Sports Lounge. Pull up a chair, grab a drink and cheer for your favorite teams at The King of Sportsbooks. Featuring a 48-foot video wall, 60 HDTVs, plush lounge, VIP and high-top seating, 14 bar top video poker machines, and a full bar featuring craft cocktails and local brews.
- AXIS Lounge - The perfect pairing of signature cocktails and soulful sounds. Live, local bands perform classic hits ranging from Motown to jazz to modern pop on weekends, this hotspot in the center of the casino is open seven days a week.
- Topgolf® Swing Suite - Experience the thrill of playing Topgolf right inside of MGM Grand Detroit. Featuring four simulators and comfortable lounge seating. The Topgolf Swing Suite offers a wide variety of courses like Pebble Beach and games such as Zombie Dodgeball and Quarter Back Challenge. Guests can also experience a range of shareable plates and crafted cocktails. The Topgolf Swing Suite is designed for both golfers and non-golfers alike and can be played by up to eight people at one time per bay.
- 32 Degrees - For a taste of summer all year round. Enjoy the coolest frozen daiquiris and margaritas or grab a frosty craft brew. With sports on TV and video poker, guests can chill all day.
- IMMERSE Spa is the first U.S.-based spa from internationally acclaimed design firm Tonychi and Associates.
- The facility includes eight individual spa treatment rooms, couple’s room, state-of-the-art fitness zone, indoor saltwater pool, private men’s and women’s Jacuzzis and steam room, manicure and pedicure stations, luxurious changing rooms and showers with plush towels and robes.
- Guests can select from an extensive menu of packages for face, body, nails and massages, designed to transform, refresh, tone and detox.
- Guests 18+ can access to the spa, pool and fitness center; complimentary access for hotel guests.
MEETINGS & CONVENTIONS:
- 30,000 sq. ft. of flexible event space for private parties, conferences and events, up to 1,200 guests.
- The Grand Ballroom opens to 14,000 sq. ft. or divides into four Ballroom Salons.
- 3 meeting rooms (Amber, Garnet and Sapphire) at 1,600 sq. ft. per room; divided in half, accommodates up to 86 people each.
- 2 executive boardrooms (Onyx and Quartz) at 710 sq. ft. per room; accommodates up to 18 people.
- The range of options makes MGM Grand Detroit an optimal location for everything from large corporate events to intimate black-tie engagements.
- A complete line of audio, video and lighting equipment, along with professionally trained technicians, are available on-site.
- With business facilities, unparalleled entertainment and a prime location that puts everything Detroit has to offer within easy reach, MGM Grand Detroit is ready to give businesses and organizations the very best experience possible.
- Multiple lounges for unique reception and entertainment hosting.
- Two signature restaurants with private dining rooms also available for an exclusive buyout.
ADDITIONAL PROPERTY OUTLETS:
- Henry Ford Health System Pharmacy: The Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) pharmacy opened at MGM Grand Detroit in 2020 on the first floor between the Michigan Gaming Control Board office and Roasted Bean Detroit Coffee Shop.
- The pharmacy is available for both MGM Grand Detroit guests and employees seven days a week, including holidays.
- As is standard practice, Henry Ford accepts most insurance plans for health care services including pharmacy.
- The pharmacy provides a comprehensive range of prescription services:
- Electronic and paper prescriptions.
- Prescription transfers for MGM Grand Detroit employees and their family members and casino guests.
- Online refills.
- Medication therapy management for diseases and medical conditions such as cancer, diabetes, Crohn’s, infertility, migraine, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis and arthritis.
- Medication delivery.
- Specialty pharmacy medications and home delivery.
- Over-the-counter medicines and monthly specials.
RETAIL at MGM GRAND DETROIT:
- MGM & Co.: Retail outlet located on the first floor in the hotel area between the Hotel Front Desk and the Meeting & Events Center. Features a variety of MGM Grand Detroit merchandise and everyday necessities.
- Express Essentials & More: Located on the casino floor near the self-park garage, this express kiosk provides sundries, snacks, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and more.
- MGM Rewards is MGM Resorts International’s premier lifestyle loyalty program.
- The program allows members to earn benefits and rewards for virtually every dollar they spend on gaming and non-gaming experiences throughout MGM Resorts’ 20+ domestic resorts in Las Vegas, Detroit, Atlantic City, Mississippi, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York and Ohio.
- Seamless integration between MGM Rewards and BetMGM unlocks even more benefits, including the ability to earn rewards for online BetMGM play, Tier Credits towards MGM Rewards tier advancement and access to tailored offers and real-world experiences across MGM Resorts and BetMGM.
- Preferred relationships, including Hyatt, Southwest Airlines, Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, AVIS and Cirque du Soleil, provide members additional value, access and offers throughout the world on land, air and sea.
- An extension of MGM Rewards, the Military & Veterans Program (MVP) has been created in appreciation for our nation’s active military personnel, veterans and their spouses. Developed by MGM Resorts’ Veterans Employee Network Group, MVP provides special recognition and exclusive discounts on select entertainment, dining, attractions, spa treatments, wedding packages and hotel rooms at MGM Resorts destinations across the country.
- The enhanced MGM Rewards app simplifies the digital experience, allows members to easily review their tier status and benefits, and visualize how they can advance to the next tier. Play and spend are recognized as a single account, making it easy to stay, play and dine wherever and whenever members prefer.
- For more information, visit mgmrewards.com, or connect on Facebook or Twitter.
INVESTING IN OUR COMMUNITY:
- MGM Grand Detroit is committed to strengthening the communities where it operates and where team members live.
- Since opening in 1999, MGM Grand Detroit has contributed more than $2.9 billion to the State of Michigan and City of Detroit through gaming, municipal and state taxes.
- Through the MGM Resorts Foundation, employees have donated over $3.9 million. MGM Grand Detroit has partnered with local organizations to invest in our community, and our employees volunteer thousands of hours annually supporting Detroit Public Schools, Michigan Veterans Foundation, Volunteers of America, Life Remodeled, St. Patrick Senior Center, Franklin Wright Settlement, and Covenant House Michigan.
BY THE NUMBERS:
MGM Grand Detroit employs over 2,184 team members.
Percentage of Detroit residents: 49%
Percentage of minorities: 72%
Percentage of minorities in leadership positions: 64%
Percentage of female team members: 53%
Percentage of women in leadership roles: 45%
Percentage of our team members represented by unions: 80%
2008 – 2022 AAA Four Diamond Award for Hotel
2009 – 2019 Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award for Hotel
2019 MGM Resorts International Honored With National Council on Problem Gambling's Public Awareness Award
2020 MGM Resorts International Named a Fortune "WORLD'S MOST ADMIRED COMPANY”
2020 SMART Meetings Platinum Choice Award
ABOUT MGM GRAND DETROIT
The only Forbes Four-Star hotel in Detroit, the AAA Four Diamond Award-winning MGM Grand Detroit is the city’s first and only downtown hotel, gaming and entertainment destination built from the ground up. The hotel features 400 chic and stylish guest rooms, including nine rooftop VIP suites and 56 opulent corner suites. The 147,000-square foot casino includes Detroit’s premier poker room, nearly 150 table games, and over 2,800 of the hottest slots and video poker machines. Guests enjoy signature restaurants including Detroit’s modern steakhouse & lounge, D.PRIME; the hotel's own sports pub, TAP at MGM Grand Detroit; a new urban food hall, Detroit Central Market; several bars and lounges; Detroit's premier sports betting destination, BetMGM Sports Lounge; and the only Topgolf Swing Suite and only resort-style spa in Southeast Michigan. More than 30,000 square feet of meeting space hosts everything from large corporate events to intimate black-tie affairs. MGM Grand Detroit is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information, visit mgmgranddetroit.com or call toll free at (877) 888-2121.
ABOUT MGM RESORTS INTERNATIONAL
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is an S&P 500® global entertainment company with national and international locations featuring best-in-class hotels and casinos, state-of-the-art meetings and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment experiences, and an extensive array of restaurant, nightlife and retail offerings. MGM Resorts creates immersive, iconic experiences through its suite of Las Vegas-inspired brands. The MGM Resorts portfolio encompasses 33 unique hotel and gaming destinations globally, including some of the most recognizable resort brands in the industry. The Company's 50/50 venture, BetMGM, LLC, offers U.S. sports betting and online gaming through market-leading brands, including BetMGM and partypoker. The Company is currently pursuing targeted expansion in Asia through the integrated resort opportunity in Japan. Through its “Focused on What Matters: Embracing Humanity and Protecting the Planet” philosophy, MGM Resorts commits to creating a more sustainable future, while striving to make a bigger difference in the lives of its employees, guests, and in the communities where it operates. The global employees of MGM Resorts are proud of their company for being recognized as one of FORTUNE® Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies®. For more information, please visit us at www.mgmresorts.com. Please also connect with us @MGMResortsIntl on Twitter as well as Facebook and Instagram.
President Midwest Group
MGM Resorts International
Director of Communications
Office: (313) 465-8675
Director of Advertising
MGM Grand Detroit
Office: (313) 465-1797
Marketing Manager/MGM Rewards Experience Manager
MGM Grand Detroit
Office: (313) 465-8728