MGM Grand Detroit
1777 Third Street
Detroit, MI 48226
877.888.2121 – General Enquiries
877.646.3387 – Reservations
877.646.3868 – Meetings & Groups
313.465.1656 – IMMERSE Spa
Websites – mgmgrandetroit.com
Facebook – MGM Grand Detroit
Twitter – @MGMGrandDetroit
Instagram - @mgmgranddetroit
Media Information – (702) 692-6700 / PR@det.mgmgrand.com
Media Newsroom – newsroom.mgmgranddetroit.com/
- Grand opening:
- Temporary site – 1999
- Permanent site – 2007
- Art Deco style
- 90-minute flight from 60 percent of the nation's population; Downtown Detroit
- 18 miles from Detroit’s Metropolitan Airport
- One mile from Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- Close to stadiums: Little Caesar’s Arena, Comerica Park and Ford Field
- Anchors the city's entertainment district
- 0.8 miles from COBO Convention Center
- 100,000-square-foot casino is open 24 hours.
- Detroit’s premier poker room with lavish, comfortable seating from Seven Card Stud and Omaha Hi/Lo to Limit and No Limit Texas Hold ’Em Bonus,
- Nearly 150 table games from Texas Hold ’Em Bonus and High-Tie Blackjack to classic favorites like Pai Gow Poker, Roulette and the exclusive “Golden Dice Challenge” in the Craps Pit.
- Close to 3,500 slots and video poker games, classic favorites to multiline video slots, ranging from 1 cent to $100.
- Two non-smoking slots parlors, Clear 1 and 2, and Crystal Clear, a smoke free gaming salon that includes both slots and table games.
- Complimentary casino valet and covered self-parking.
- Detroit’s only hotel to receive Four Stars from the Forbes Travel Guide and AAA’s coveted Four Diamond award.
- MGM Grand Detroit has the chic comfort of a world-class hotel destination with all of the luxurious amenities for today’s professional traveler. Be pampered and relax in any of the 400 stylish guest rooms and suites
- 335 oversized guest rooms — 510 sq. ft.
- 65 spacious luxury suites including:
- 56 Corner Suites with city or skyline view — 1,000 sq. ft.
- Nine Rooftop VIP Suites comprised of:
- Executive Suites — 1,000 sq. ft.
- Penthouse Suites — 1,520 sq. ft.
- Grand Penthouse Suites — 2,020 – 2,220 sq. ft.
- Modern technology features include high-speed wireless internet, HD LED screens and “Technology Butler” telephones with direct “do not disturb” communications. All guest rooms and suites feature pillow top beds and microfiber bathrobes and Keurig coffee machines.
- Separate hotel entrance, including concierge level with full-service staff.
- Private lobby living room for hotel guests only.
- Adult only full-service resort-style spa, indoor salt-water pool and state-of-the-art fitness center.
- Complimentary hotel valet.
Two Signature Restaurants
- TAP at MGM Grand Detroit – An eclectic sports-themed pub.
- Wolfgang Puck STEAK – A contemporary steak restaurant concept developed specifically for MGM Grand Detroit by Master Chef Wolfgang Puck. The restaurant is the recipient of the 2018 Best of Award of Excellence by Wine Spectator and is the only Forbes Four-Star restaurant in Michigan.
Three Casual Options
- Palette Dining Studio – A creative, all-you-can-eat gallery.
- Breeze Dining Court - For a quick bite on the go, the quick-serve area includes multiple distinct dining experiences including Downtown Detroit’s only National Coney Island®, iconic Michigan brand Olga’s Kitchen, and award-winning Detroit Wing Company.
- The Roasted Bean Detroit – A locally focused café with fresh pastries from MGM Grand Detroit’s award winning pastry team, sandwiches, ice cream and freshly brewed coffee.
- AXIS Lounge – The perfect pairing of signature cocktails and soulful sounds. Live, local bands perform classic hits ranging from Motown to jazz to modern pop on weekends, but this hotspot in the center of the casino is open seven days a week.
- Topgolf® Swing Suite – Experience the thrill of playing Topgolf right inside of MGM Grand Detroit. Featuring four simulators and comfortable lounge seating. The Topgolf Swing Suite offers wide variety of courses like Pebble Beach and games such as Zombie Dodgeball and Quarter Back Challenge. Guests can also experience a range of shareable plates and crafted cocktails. The Topgolf game is designed for both golfers and non-golfers alike and can be played by up to eight people at one time per bay.
- 32 Degrees – For a taste of summer all year round. Enjoy the coolest frozen daiquiris and margaritas or grab a frosty craft brew. With sports on TV and video poker, patrons can chill all day.
- IMMERSE spa at MGM Grand Detroit is a mix of tranquil waters, rich woods and soothing light.
- IMMERSE spa is the first U.S.-based spa from internationally acclaimed design firm Tonychi and Associates.
- The facility includes eight individual spa treatment rooms, couple’s room, state-of-the-art fitness zone, indoor saltwater pool, private men’s and women’s Jacuzzis and steam room, manicure and pedicure stations, luxurious changing rooms and showers with plush towels and robes.
- Guests can select from an extensive menu of packages for face, body, nails and massages, designed to transform, refresh, tone and detox.
- IMMERSE spa also offers journeys for those looking for the next level. In Chinese medicine theory, the continuum between the four elements is essential to nature and packages converge the essence of these elements to bring about balance and well-being.
- Hours of operation:
- Open to the public,
- Monday – Saturday 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Sunday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Pool and fitness hours:
- Monday – Saturday 6 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Sunday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Access to the pool and fitness center complimentary to hotel and spa guests 18+.
MEETINGS & CONVENTIONS:
- 30,000 sq. ft. of flexible event space for private parties, conferences and events, up to 1,200 guests.
- The Grand Ballroom opens to 14,000 sq. ft. or divides into four Ballroom Salons.
- 3 meeting rooms (Amber, Garnet and Sapphire) at 1,600 sq. ft. per room; divided in half, accommodates up to 86 people each.
- 2 executive boardrooms (Onyx and Quartz) at 710 sq. ft. per room; accommodates up to 18 people.
- The range of options makes MGM Grand Detroit an optimal location for everything from large corporate events to intimate black-tie engagements.
- A complete line of audio, video and lighting equipment, along with professionally trained technicians, are available on-site.
- With business facilities, unparalleled entertainment and a prime location that puts everything Detroit has to offer within easy reach, MGM Grand Detroit is ready to give businesses and organizations the very best experience possible.
- Multiple lounges for unique reception and entertainment hosting.
- Two signature restaurants with private dining rooms also available for an exclusive buy out.
M life REWARDS:
- M life Rewards is MGM Resorts International’s premier lifestyle loyalty program.
- The Program has expanded beyond just a player’s club and now rewards members for virtually every dollar spent at any of the 20 MGM Resorts world-renowned destinations.
- The 20 participating MGM Resorts destinations are Bellagio, ARIA, Vdara, MGM Grand, The Signature at MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Delano, Park MGM, NoMad Las Vegas, The Mirage, New York-New York, Luxor, and Excalibur in Las Vegas; MGM Grand Detroit in Michigan; Borgata in Atlantic City; Beau Rivage and Gold Strike in Mississippi; MGM National Harbor in Maryland, MGM Springfield in Massachusetts and MGM Northfield Park in Ohio.
- With access to experiential rewards, personalized offers and exclusive benefits such as special room rates, pre-sale entertainment tickets and priority reservations, M life Rewards leverages a collection of amenities no other resort group can provide.
- Preferred partnerships, including World of Hyatt, Southwest Airlines, Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises and Avis, provide members additional value, access and offers throughout the world on land, air and sea.
- MGM Resorts has created a special "Military & Veterans Program" (MVP). The program is available to any active duty military, members of the National Guard & Reserve, retired military, prior service and spouse of eligible military personnel. MVP members receive special discounts on rooms, restaurants, shows and attractions.
- There is also a special MVP M life Rewards card that gives an automatic. upgrade to Pearl status and the benefits that accompany that M life Rewards Tier
- For more information, visit mlife.com or connect on Facebook or Twitter.
- MGM Grand Detroit is committed to strengthening the communities where it operates and where team members live. Through “Touching Communities, Touching Lives™” initiatives, MGM Grand Detroit supports the following key community investment areas:
- Education (Schoolcraft College, Winning Futures, Coleman A. Young Foundation)
- Youth Development (Playworks)
- Arts & Culture (Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Charles Wright Museum of African American History, Michigan Opera Theater, University Cultural Center Association etc.)
- Diversity (Arab American & Chaldean Council, LASED, St. Patrick’s Senior Center, Motor City Pride)
- Community Development (Fall Coat Harvest, Gleaners Community Food Bank, The Greening of Detroit, Forgotten Harvest)
- Sustainability (The Greening of Detroit, Detroit Eastern Market, Black Pearl)
- MGM Grand Detroit has become a major part of the community and has contributed substantially to civic and community organizations that enhance the lives of those who live in Detroit.
- From food drives to community partnerships with organizations such as Forgotten Harvest and Gleaners Community Food Bank, MGM Grand Detroit has contributed more than 1,000,000 meals to children and families throughout southeast Michigan.
- The impact of MGM Grand Detroit’s community partnerships is multiplied, with help from team member volunteer activities and the MGM Resorts Foundation.
- MGM Grand Detroit team members regularly volunteer their time for worthy causes across the community. This volunteerism has included the efforts of nearly 1,900 team members that have given nearly 28,000 hours of their time during a seven-year period.
- A perfect complement to our team member’s volunteer efforts is the MGM Resorts Foundation. Since 2013, team members have contributed more than $580,000 to deserving metro Detroit-area community organizations.
- And since 2009, an additional $40,000 has been contributed to colleagues in need through an emergency grant fund supported by MGM Grand Detroit team members.
- MGM Grand Detroit’s community outreach across the region also includes signature initiatives like the Fall Coat Harvest—which distributed 2,400 winter coats to students at 30 Metro Detroit schools and agencies during the fourth quarter of 2018 alone—and has donated more than 40,000 coats, hats and gloves to children within the tri-county region since its inception.
- In partnership with Black Pearl, the MGM Grand Detroit Plum Street Market Garden (pending name change) functions as an educational resource gardeners and farmers, a gathering place for a diverse regional audience seeking opportunities to plug into Detroit’s thriving urban agriculture movement and a productive urban farm producing tons of fruits and vegetables for local families and restaurants.
- MGM Resorts launched MY Green Advantage in 2013 to engage and educate employees on the importance of sustainability.
- MY Green Advantage is an online, social application that challenges and encourages our employees to make smarter choices and lifestyle changes with environmental responsibility in mind.
- By completing actions, which are designed to help build awareness about the impact of their choices, employees earn badges and accumulating points.
- Employees are able to drive competition and Companywide challenges to foster sustainable lifestyles and habits.
- In 2015, MGM Grand Detroit launched a full-fledged onsite recycling program to reduce the property’s waste.
- Receptacles were placed throughout the property to prompt guests and team members to recycle, and a dedicated team was established to sort through all waste in the recycling center. Once sorted, the cardboard, glass, aluminum and compost are properly stored and transported to recycling facilities by the truckload.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- MGM Grand Detroit employs over 3,000 team members.
- Percentage of Detroit residents:52%
- Percentage of minorities: 70%
- Percentage of minorities in leadership positions: 45%
- Percentage of women team members: 53%
- Percentage of women in leadership roles: 44%
- Percentage of our team members represented by unions: 80%
2008 – 2019 AAA Four Diamond Award for Hotel
2009 – 2019 Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award for Hotel
2009 – 2017 Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award for IMMERSE spa
2018 - 2019 Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award for Wolfgang Puck STEAK
Only Michigan restaurant with designation
Includes: Award-winning wine program
MGM Grand Detroit President and Chief Operating Officer: Mike Neubecker