M life Rewards’ Military & Veterans Program Celebrates One-Year Anniversary
LAS VEGAS (July 25, 2018) – Since launching last July, over 130,000 of our nation’s active military personnel, veterans and their spouses have signed up for MGM Resorts International’s Military & Veterans Program (MVP). Conceptualized and developed by MGM Resorts’ Veterans Employee Network Group, MVP provides special recognition, offers, discounts and benefits at MGM Resorts destinations throughout the U.S.
MVP is just one of the ways the Company shows appreciation for the extraordinary sacrifices of these brave men and women and provides easy access to benefits and discounts across all MGM Resorts destinations via a convenient central location – mgmresorts.com/military. An extension of M life Rewards, the Company’s premier loyalty program, MVP automatically upgrades members to the second Tier Level, Pearl, which includes free self-parking, and provides a dedicated M life Rewards card identified with the MVP logo. During this past year, the special MVP card has allowed employees of MGM Resorts to properly recognize military members, creating more meaningful interactions, closer connections and touching moments.
To coincide with the one-year anniversary of MVP, MGM Resorts hosted a private July 4 concert at Mandalay Bay for its M life Rewards members. Presented by M life Rewards Mastercard, the sold-out event was part of the M life Rewards Concert Series and featured award-winning singer and songwriter Toby Keith, who entertained the crowd with his numerous hit songs.
In addition to hosting M life Rewards members including MVPs for this concert, MGM Resorts invited members of local veterans and military organizations as a way of honoring them for their service. With a concert filled with 1,200 military personnel and their guests, the high energy and love of country was palpable.
Toby Keith was the ideal choice for this concert because of his support of the military throughout his career. His 11 USO Tours to date have enhanced the lives of nearly 256,000 troops and military families in 18 countries with more than 285 events, and have been recognized with the Spirit of the USO Award (2014).
“MGM Resorts is an entertainment company with access to the best performers in the world, allowing us the opportunity to create experiences such as the M life Rewards Concert Series for our loyal members,” said Jordan Salmon, vice president of Loyalty Marketing for MGM Resorts. “This concert was extra special because we celebrated our nation’s birthday along with the brave men and women who protect our freedom.”
MGM Resorts has a proud history of supporting military through various other programs and events each year, including:
- Salute to The Troops. An annual appreciation weekend hosted at The Mirage created to show gratitude for wounded warriors and their spouses.
- Boots to Business. An industry-leading hiring program that recruits qualified military veterans and military spouses.
- Veterans and Family Career Fair. An annual career fair for veterans and military spouses since 2012. On June 26, 2018, MGM Resorts Veterans Career Fair had more than 400 attendees with over 64 on-the-spot job offers.
- Veterans Employee Network Group. A Company group dedicated to bringing employees together to learn, network, develop professional skills and develop ideas to enhance business practices and guest experiences.
- Active Duty Full Pay and Benefits. MGM Resorts goes above and beyond what the law requires, offering full pay and benefits to eligible employees who are called to active duty – with eligible reemployment after service. Employees who take a Military Leave of Absence also receive full medical and dental benefit coverage during their deployment. Military service requires tremendous personal sacrifice and employees should not have to make career sacrifices to serve their country. Additionally, in support of employees who are called into active duty, MGM Resorts International may provide eligible employees with supplemental pay and benefits during a combat tour for a declared military action.
- Special Events
- Mobilization Ceremony. In January 2016, Mandalay Bay hosted a mobilization ceremony for the largest deployment of Nevada Army National Guard soldiers since 2009.
- Nevada’s Fisher House Opening. In 2015, MGM Resorts International donated $250,000 to aid the opening of Nevada’s first Fisher House for military veterans. The North Las Vegas facility provides free lodging for the families of wounded, injured and ill military members and veterans receiving treatment through the VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System or Mike O’Callaghan Federal Medical Center at Nellis Air Force Base.
The MGM Resorts Military & Veterans Program is available to all U.S. active duty, guard, reserve, retired military, veterans and spouses of eligible military personnel. With a military ID, they can sign up for the program on-site at MGM Resorts destinations. Current M life Rewards members can sign up for the MVP card at any M life Rewards Desk at M life Rewards destinations: Bellagio, ARIA, Vdara, MGM Grand, The Signature at MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Delano Las Vegas, The Mirage, Park MGM, New York-New York, Luxor, and Excalibur in Las Vegas; Beau Rivage and Gold Strike in Mississippi; MGM Grand Detroit, MGM National Harbor in Maryland and Borgata in Atlantic City.
For further information, visit M life Rewards. For full details on the Military & Veterans Program including specific eligibility requirements, discounts and benefits, visit mgmresorts.com/military.
About MGM Resorts International’s M life Rewards
M life Rewards is MGM Resorts International’s premier rewards program. Members earn benefits for virtually every dollar spent at 17 world-renowned MGM Resorts destinations including Bellagio, ARIA, Vdara, MGM Grand, The Signature at MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Delano Las Vegas, The Mirage, Park MGM, New York-New York, Luxor, and Excalibur in Las Vegas; Beau Rivage and Gold Strike in Mississippi, Borgata in Atlantic City, MGM Grand Detroit and MGM National Harbor in Maryland. With just one card, M life Rewards members have access to experiential rewards, personalized offers and exclusive benefits such as special room rates, pre-sale entertainment tickets and dedicated lines. Preferred relationships, including Hyatt, Southwest Airlines, Royal Caribbean International, Avis Budget Group and Mastercard, extend the reach of M life Rewards for members throughout the world on land, air and sea. For more information, visit mlife.com or connect on Facebook or Twitter.
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is an S&P 500® global entertainment company with national and international locations featuring best-in-class hotels and casinos, state-of-the-art meetings and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment experiences, and an extensive array of restaurant, nightlife and retail offerings. MGM Resorts creates immersive, iconic experiences through its suite of Las Vegas-inspired brands. The MGM Resorts portfolio encompasses 28 unique hotel offerings including some of the most recognizable resort brands in the industry. Expanding throughout the U.S. and around the world, the company in 2018 opened MGM COTAI in Macau and the first Bellagio-branded hotel in Shanghai. It also is developing MGM Springfield in Massachusetts. The 78,000 global employees of MGM Resorts are proud of their company for being recognized as one of FORTUNE® Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies®. For more information visit us at www.mgmresorts.com.