BORGATA HOTEL CASINO & SPA DONATING $89,500 TO ATLANTIC CITY NONPROFIT AGENCIES
Atlantic City, NJ (July 27, 2021) – Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, an MGM Resorts luxury destination, is donating a total of $89,000 to nonprofit agencies in Atlantic City. The funds will be distributed to seven separate organizations, focusing on everything from healthcare and hunger relief to education and youth service.
“For over a year, our communities nationwide have experienced beyond extraordinary struggles. There is no greater time to demonstrate the meaning of community and what Atlantic County means to the Borgata family. Supporting our local nonprofit organizations whose ambassadors are on the ground, dedicating their time to workforce development, education, and hunger relief is paramount in these days of recovery,” said Melonie Johnson, president & COO of Borgata.
The funding is provided through two charitable giving programs: funds raised by employees through the company’s MGM Resorts Foundation and monies awarded by way of corporate grants.
Borgata employee fundraising awarded $60,000 in The MGM Resorts Foundation grants to four organizations that provide services focused on strengthening neighborhoods, strengthening children, and providing strength in difficult times. Another $29,500 in corporate grants were awarded to three qualifying organizations focusing on education or workforce development.
MGM Resorts’ efforts to make a positive difference in communities, the environment and its workforce are guided by its companywide social impact and sustainability initiative, Focused on What Matters. Under this initiative, MGM Resorts set concrete goals within four priority areas, guided by the company’s commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Those priorities include: fostering diversity & inclusion, investing in community, caring for one another through volunteerism and employee giving and protecting the planet with long-term environmental and sustainable leadership.
MGM Resorts Foundation grant recipients:
- The AtlantiCare Foundation generates significant charitable support to further AtlantiCare’s vision of building healthy communities for current and future generations residing in southeastern New Jersey. One of the Foundation’s signature programs funded through charitable donations is its Growing Green initiative. The program works to create access to healthy food via offerings such as community and school garden mini-grants and a healthful food pantry located in Atlantic City, called the Pantry at the Plex. For more information or to learn how to get involved, visit www.atlanticcare.org.
- The Community FoodBank of New Jersey (CFBNJ), a member of Feeding America®, has been delivering food, help, and hope across the state for 45 years. Last year, CFBNJ provided nutritious food for over 66 million meals through its network of more than 1,000 community partners, including pantries, soup kitchens, emergency shelters, mobile pantries, and child and senior feeding programs throughout the 11 New Jersey counties it directly serves (Atlantic, Bergen, Cape May, Cumberland, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, and Union). For our hungry neighbors, the Community FoodBank of New Jersey is the powerful agent of change that fills the emptiness caused by hunger and provides resources that are essential to earning a sustainable living. For more information or to learn how to get involved, please visit www.cfbnj.org.
- Covenant House New Jersey helps save the lives of youth facing and experiencing homelessness, offering housing and support services to those in need, transforming their lives, and putting them on a path to independence. The comprehensive program model builds a life-affirming bridge for young people by engaging youth on the street, providing no-barrier, safe, short-term housing to meet their immediate needs, and longer-term transitional housing to assist those ready for more independent living. Covenant House New Jersey has been providing services in Atlantic City since 1989. In addition to food, shelter, clothing, and crisis care, CHNJ provides health care, educational and vocational services, counseling, substance abuse management and prevention programs, legal services, mother/child programs, transitional living programs, & aftercare services. For more information or to learn how to get involved, please visit www.covenanthousenj.org.
- Gateway Community Action Partnership (Gateway) (formed and incorporated as Tri-County Community Action Agency Inc.) is the federally designated Community Action Program (CAP) for Cumberland, Gloucester, and Salem counties in Southern New Jersey and also provides program services in Atlantic, Camden, Cape May and Mercer counties in NJ and Philadelphia, PA. As a CAP, Gateway helps low- and moderate-income residents identify and overcome barriers to self-sufficiency. The agency’s more than 750 employees form a network of professional teachers, social workers, counselors, nutritionists, program planners and advocates, all dedicated to making our communities better places to live and work for all residents. Gateway CAP’s mission is to provide services to improve the quality of life and promote self-sufficiency, especially among the more impoverished citizens of its communities. For more information or to learn how to get involved, please visit, please visit www.gatewaycap.org.
Corporate Grant recipients:
- The Boys & Girls Club of Atlantic City (BGCAC) is a youth service organization that provides young people with life-enhancing programs, character development opportunities, and ongoing relationships with caring adult professionals. By collaborating with community partners like Borgata, engaging local and national industry to ensure their academic enrichment is aligned with career pathways and high priority occupation, as well as wrapping a framework of service around the whole family, ACBGC serves as the beacon of light for Atlantic City families. For more information or to learn how to get involved, please visit www.acbgc.org.
- AVANZAR (formerly Atlantic County Women’s Center) is a private, non-profit human service agency providing services locally, regionally and statewide. Our vision is to strive to be a premier Social Justice agency focused on equitable inclusiveness. Our mission throughout our 46 years of service delivery is to "empower individuals and families by working to secure their physical safety, emotional well-being, individual freedom and economic equality." AVANZAR is the lead social service agency in Atlantic County providing services to victims and families of domestic violence and sexual assault, providing emergency shelter and a 24/7 crisis hotline. Our Displaced Homemaker program supports individuals who must enter or re-enter the workforce to support themselves and their families. AVANZAR also provides state-wide services to victims of all forms of human trafficking and regional technical assistance to early childcare providers and educators in Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem counties. For more information or to get involved, please visit www.avanzarnow.org.
- Atlantic Community College Foundation, Inc. is dedicated to bettering the college experience for all students at Atlantic Cape Community College. Foundation funds provide college scholarships to students with financial needs, capital for campus improvements, and cultural and educational community outreach programs. The Foundation has raised well over $5 million for college scholarships, academic programs, and enhancing the campus environment. For more information or to learn how to get involved, please visit www.atlantic.edu.
The purpose of The MGM Resorts Foundation is to collect and distribute monies and assets donated by employees of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) for the aid and support of qualified community nonprofit programs, agencies or organizations designated exclusively by MGM Resorts’ employees. The Foundation also collects and distributes donations made by a broad base of donors to support activities organized by MGM Resorts employees and approved by the Foundation’s board of directors to benefit qualified nonprofit charitable organizations.
To learn more about The MGM Resorts Foundation, visit www.mgmresortsfoundation.org. Borgata is located at 1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City, New Jersey. For more information, please visit www.theborgata.com, or follow Borgata on @BorgataAC on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
# # #
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa is an MGM Resorts Luxury Destination and market-leading casino resort, offering an unparalleled travel and entertainment experience on the East Coast. Features and amenities include 2,000 luxurious hotel rooms and suites; 106,000 square feet of meeting and event space; 161,000 square feet of gaming space; 2,400-seat Event Center; 900-seat Music Box theater; Premier Nightclub; two race and sports books; 11 retail boutiques; 13 fine dining and casual restaurants; Spa Toccare, connected to an indoor pool and adjacent outdoor garden; a Roman-style outdoor pool and Borgata Beer Garden. The Water Club at Borgata features 800 guestrooms and suites; Immersion Spa, a two-story spa and infinity-edge indoor lap pool on the 32nd floor; 18,000 square feet of meeting and event space; two indoor and two outdoor heated pool with distinct experiences; and five boutique retail shops. Borgata offers online gaming within the state of New Jersey through its real-money gaming sites, borgatacasino.com, borgatapoker.com, and borgatasports.com. Borgata is an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM).
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is an S&P 500® global entertainment company with national and international locations featuring best-in-class hotels and casinos, state-of-the-art meetings and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment experiences, and an extensive array of restaurant, nightlife and retail offerings. MGM Resorts creates immersive, iconic experiences through its suite of Las Vegas-inspired brands. The MGM Resorts portfolio encompasses 31 unique hotel and gaming destinations globally, including some of the most recognizable resort brands in the industry. The Company’s 50/50 venture, BetMGM, LLC, offers U.S. sports betting and online gaming through market-leading brands, including BetMGM and partypoker. The Company is currently pursuing targeted expansion in Asia through the integrated resort opportunity in Japan. Through its "Focused on What Matters: Embracing Humanity and Protecting the Planet" philosophy, MGM Resorts commits to creating a more sustainable future, while striving to make a bigger difference in the lives of its employees, guests, and in the communities where it operates. The global employees of MGM Resorts are proud of their company for being recognized as one of FORTUNE® Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies®. For more information, please visit us at www.mgmresorts.com. Please also connect with us @MGMResortsIntl on Twitter as well as Facebook and Instagram.