Bellagio’s Conservatory & Botanical Gardens Embraces Summer’s Beauty with Magnificent Display, “Majesty: The Grandeur of Nature”
LAS VEGAS (May 31, 2023) – Bellagio’s Conservatory & Botanical Gardens recently unveiled its spectacular summer display, “Majesty: The Grandeur of Nature,” open through September 9. Brought to life through the combined talents of designer Ed Libby and the Bellagio Horticulture team, the immersive experience was intricately crafted to embody the energy of summer and all it represents. Guests are taken on a journey from the everyday into a magical realm of majestic beauty and wonder, reimagined as Mother Nature’s offering to the world.
“Rooted in the meaning of greatness, ‘Majesty: The Grandeur of Nature’ represents Mother Nature’s beauty and the transformative energy that awakens during the summer season,” said Libby. “Each element of this display plays an important role in the message, symbolizing the revitalizing breath of life that summer gives off and the growth that stems from this season.”
The sweet smell of summer fills the air with a custom fragrance featuring honeysuckle nectar and notes of fresh lemon, citrusy petitgrain, crushed greens, orange blossom, muguet hyacinth and white musk. For the first time, guests can enjoy the delightful scent of the Conservatory long after their visit with an eponymous scented candle, “Majesty,” available for purchase in The Giardini Garden Store located adjacent to the Conservatory or bellagioathome.com.
The loving hands of Mother Nature arise from the center of the West Bed to present a brilliant bouquet of flowers while water gently cascades into a tranquil lagoon below. The 28-foot-tall hands, inspired by Italian works, embody environmental stewardship, partnership and renewal. Towering willow trees sway above The Garden Table, sitting inside a lush green hideaway.
Perched atop a large rock in the center of the North Bed sits a mythological-like figure, representative of the masculine side of nature. Two hummingbirds adorned with an iridescent sheen of purple hues hover over the hidden paradise as the gentle giant pours water into a foggy river. A stunning crown of purple and white wisteria hang above a grotto as vibrant media screens fill the background with scenes of water and other picturesque moments to create a sense of an infinite natural world.
Upon entering the East Bed, guests wander over a stone pathway to discover a mossy secret garden. Magical wooded creatures come to life amid a flowery summer scene representing a harmonic union of nature and humanity. Butterflies flutter softly through the air above a fountain, symbolizing transformation, hope and strength. Bright red and pink roses accent the lush green garden of multiple varieties of mosses and lichen, creating a landscape that reflects the awakening of summer and the grandeur of the season.
An ethereal 18-foot-tall goddess is the focal point of the South Bed, delicately nestling a yellow butterfly as water falls from her hands to personify Mother Nature’s nurturing and feminine side. Adorned with radiant yellow roses, coleus and succulents, her flowing hair is seemingly one with the florals all around. As fog rolls across the pond’s surface, a playful goldfinch explores the floral nirvana giving a sense of cheerful energy and a delightful reminder of the simple joys in life.
The Garden Table
A uniquely immersive and exclusive epicurean adventure, The Garden Table awaits inside a lush, enchanted hideaway at the Bellagio Conservatory. Guests can enjoy a serene and private dining experience while overlooking the breathtaking scenery and vibrant floral displays. The unrivaled setting is home to brunch service from Sadelle’s and dinner from MICHAEL MINA Bellagio:
- Menu highlights include Avocado Toast, House-Cured Salmon Tower with Caviar and Bagels, Steak & Eggs, French Toast and Salmon Benedict, among other specialties, along with dessert and select beverages. To view the entire menu, click here.
- Available seven days a week; reservations available at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. only
- Accommodates up to four guests; reservation time is limited to 1.5 hours
- $125/pp prix fixe menu, exclusive of tax and gratuity
MICHAEL MINA Dinner
- Menu highlights include Amberjack Crudo, Wild Alaskan Halibut, Grilled Superior Farms Lamb Chops, A5 Japanese Miyazaki Beef, among other specialties, along with dessert and select beverages. To view the entire menu, click here.
- Available Wednesday through Sunday; reservations available at 5:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. only
- Accommodates up to four guests; reservation time is limited to 2.5 hours
- $250/pp prix fixe menu, exclusive of tax and gratuity
Reservations are required for The Garden Table and can be made online or by calling 702.693.7317
Sustainability at the Conservatory
Water used in Bellagio’s Conservatory and Botanical Gardens comes from on-site underground wells that use rain and recycled water from the resort, avoiding the use of municipal potable water. The water in the Conservatory is also recycled throughout the exhibit and reused at the resort. Bellagio’s water conservation efforts are part of MGM Resorts International’s overall sustainability commitment.
At the conclusion of each display, plants and botanical material without remaining viable life are separated for collection by a local composting facility. The organic waste is made into compost products to help improve the environment. This method of recycling keeps thousands of pounds of waste out of local landfills and turns it into something that improves the region’s soil, air and water quality.
“Majesty: The Grandeur of Nature” Summer Display by the Numbers
- 20,000 preserved roses make up the flowers held by hands in West Bed
- 15,000 succulents on East Bed succulent wall
- 11,541 potted plants and flowers
- 10,800 purple and white blooming branches on wisteria trees
- 2,000 fresh carnations in pansy flower under hummingbird (30,000 total across the display)
- 2,000 black and white ostrich and rooster feathers on butterflies
- 1,100 pounds of moss
- 80 artists, horticulturists and engineers used to create the summer display
- 28-foot-tall sculpture of the hands of Mother Nature in West Bed
- 23-foot-tall mythological-like figure in North Bed
- 18-foot-tall ethereal goddess in South Bed
- 11 butterflies throughout the display
- 2 hummingbirds
Bellagio’s Conservatory & Botanical Gardens is complimentary and open to the public 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To learn more, please visit Bellagio’s Newsroom.
About Bellagio Resort & Casino
Inspired by the beautiful villages of Europe, the AAA Five Diamond Bellagio Resort & Casino overlooks a Mediterranean-blue, 8 ½-acre lake in which fountains perform a magnificent aquatic ballet. Award-winning dining, a world-class art gallery, the exquisite Conservatory & Botanical Gardens, the stunning performance of “O” by Cirque du Soleil, a sumptuous spa and salon and exclusive luxury shopping all work together to compose the symphony that is Bellagio. Bellagio is owned by MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit bellagio.com, call toll-free at (888) 987-6667 or find us on Facebook and Twitter.