Bellagio’s Conservatory & Botanical Gardens Creates Enchanted ‘Into The Woods’ Experience with New Autumn Display
LAS VEGAS (September 21, 2020) – Bellagio’s Conservatory & Botanical Garden’s Autumn display brings guests “Into The Woods” for an experience highlighted by a magical forest and its cast of floral creatures. The enchanted adventure is set in the heart of the world-famous Bellagio Resort & Casino.
As guests embark on their Bellagio Conservatory experience, they find themselves in the center of a forest featuring floral mushrooms, a canopy of oversized oak leaves, festive foliage and beautiful dragonflies dancing overhead. Envisioned by designer Ed Libby and Bellagio’s Horticulture team, the dazzling display is now open through November 28, 2020.
“Into The Woods is filled with inspirations of transformation, reflection and empowerment told through magnificent floral creations,” Libby said. “Our fall display has been months in the making from conceptualization and design and has been brought to life by the extraordinary horticulture team.”
Upon entering the Conservatory’s West Bed, guests are welcomed by a family of foxes playing deep in the forest beneath a magnificent, floral-embellished, hand-hewn tree house with colorful stained-glass dragonfly windows. A symbol of transformation and adaptability, the dragonfly also is featured on the ship’s head of the Botanical Bellagio sailboat which guides the foxes’ water journey through the forest.
In the North Garden, four enchanted fairies spend a fall afternoon beside a tranquil reflecting pond. Their woodland fairy house, built completely of botanical ingredients, features a roof constructed of oversized sunflowers and the same stained-glass windows used in the foxes’ treehouse. Each fairy is wearing an individually designed ball gown created out of colorful flowers and natural embellishments.
Creating a stunning pathway into the heart of the Bellagio Conservatory is a large hollow tree guiding guests deeper ‘into the woods.’ Atop the tree is a luxurious canopy of leaves with several dragonflies buzzing fancifully overhead. Colorful floral mushrooms accompany acorn-shaped lanterns as well as pumpkins and gourds of all shapes, colors and sizes.
Delighting guests on the final leg of their experience is Bellagio’s 28-foot-famed talking tree. The majestic tree provides shelter for a family of mischievous bears preparing for hibernation by sharing a bountiful pot of honey made by several honeybees. The bees, representing a sense of duty, wealth and prosperity, sit harmoniously with the bears in the South Bed as they prepare for their long winter nap.
The Conservatory & Botanical Gardens is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is complimentary to the public.
Health & Safety Measures
In order to create a comfortable and safer environment for our guests, the following Health & Safety measures have been implemented in how the Conservatory will be experienced:
- All guests will enter The Conservatory through a dedicated entryway; floor markers and employees will guide guests through the correct path
- The number of guests allowed within The Conservatory at one time will be closely monitored by operations and security; when the space reaches capacity, guests will queue (physically distanced) while they wait for their opportunity to enter
- The Bellagio team stationed within The Conservatory will encourage guests to continue moving through the space and exit when they are done enjoying the space so more guests can be accommodated
- A dedicated path has been created, and is identified with floor markers, indicating the path guests can take to explore The Conservatory
- One path within The Conservatory will be maintained for guests accessing the restaurants that sit within the space to allow them direct access
Autumn Display By The Numbers
- 59,950: Total number of fresh-cut carnations used on the mushrooms
- 19: Number of mushrooms
- 7 feet: Diameter of largest mushroom
- 8,730 pounds: Total weight of pumpkins used in the display
- 1,037 pounds: Weight of largest giant pumpkin used in the display
- 220 pounds: Weight of ‘smallest’ giant pumpkin used in the display
- 1,998: Number of ivy plants used in the border of the beds
- 97: Team members involved in the display’s assembly
- 44: Types of flowers, shrubs and trees used in the display
- 31: Number of illuminated acorns
- 10: Number of flickering dragonflies
- 28 feet: Height of Talking Tree
- 4: Number of enchanted fairies
For additional information and high-resolution photos, visit Bellagio’s newsroom.
About Bellagio Resort & Casino
Inspired by the beautiful villages of Europe, the AAA Five Diamond Bellagio Resort & Casino overlooks a Mediterranean-blue, 8 ½-acre lake in which fountains perform a magnificent aquatic ballet. Award-winning dining, a world-class art gallery, the exquisite Conservatory & Botanical Gardens, the stunning performance of “O” by Cirque du Soleil, a sumptuous spa and salon and exclusive luxury shopping all work together to compose the symphony that is Bellagio. Bellagio is owned by MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit bellagio.com, call toll free at (888) 987-6667 or find us on Facebook and Twitter.