National Harbor - Community Overview
- National Harbor is a master-planned eight-year-old micro-city located in Maryland and strategically situated on scenic waterfront on the historic Potomac River, just across from Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia and Washington, D.C. It has rapidly become a tourism destination that attracts more than 12 million visitors annually.
- The property was conceived, developed and is managed by Peterson Companies, a wellknown Washington, D.C. regional real estate company. The family-owned company recently celebrated its 50th anniversary.
- National Harbor is 350 acres of mixed-use (retail, restaurant, office, residential and entertainment) development.
- Right now, National Harbor is approximately 50 percent completed. Upon completion, National Harbor will hold 7,300,000+ square feet of master-planned, mixed-use space including 1 million square feet of retail, dining and entertainment space (including MGM) and 1 million square feet of class “A” office space.
- When completed, National Harbor will have 2,500 residential units.
- The property has so much to offer visitors that, in Spring 2016, it launched its own convention and visitors’ bureau—“Visit National Harbor.”
To download the complete Fact Sheet, click the "Click to Download" button above.