Roar! Comedy Series At MGM Springfield Scheduled To Open January 2019
Tickets for New Comedy Series go on Sale November 2 at 10 a.m.
SPRINGFIELD, MASS (October 29, 2018) – The historic Armory inside MGM Springfield will be the place to go for laughs when the resort opens Roar! Comedy Series in January 2019. The unique comedy series developed by John Tobin Presents, complements the robust entertainment offerings at New England’s first integrated resort casino and will feature an eclectic mix of nationally popular comedians as well as rising industry stars.
Tickets for Roar! Comedy Series go on sale Friday, Nov. 2 at 10 a.m. EST and prices for these specific shows will range between $23-33, future show prices may vary. All tickets are available through Ticketmaster.
The comedians scheduled to perform in the Roar! Comedy Series are below:
- Roy Wood Jr. – Friday and Saturday, January 4-5
- Sam Morril – Thursday-Saturday, January 10-12
- Chris Distefano – Friday and Saturday, January 18-19
- Rafinha Bastos – Sunday, January 20
- Michael Kosta – Friday and Saturday, January 25-26
- K Trevor Wilson – Thursday-Saturday, January 31-February 2
- Michael Yo – Friday and Saturday, February 15-16
- Phil Hanley – Friday-Sunday, February 28-March 2
- Samuel Comroe – Thursday-Saturday, March 21-23
- Rachel Feinstein – Friday and Saturday, March 29-30
- Bret Ernst – Thursday-Saturday, April 4-6
- Tim Dillon – Thursday-Saturday, April 11-13
- Robert Kelly – Thursday-Saturday, April 18-20
- Alonzo Bodden – Thursday-Saturday, May 2-4
“Entertainment is the cornerstone of MGM Springfield’s experience in downtown Springfield,” said Talia Spera, executive director of entertainment, MGM Springfield. “The partnership with John Tobin Presents to create the new ROAR! Comedy Series reinforces our commitment to energizing the city and enriching downtown entertainment.”
For more information, please visit mgmspringfield.com/roar.
About John Tobin Presents
John Tobin has been a mainstay in the Boston Comedy scene since 1992, when he started as a doorman at a local comedy club. Today, John Tobin Presents, produces and operates shows in and around Boston at well-known clubs and venues such as Laugh Boston, The Comedy Scene at Patriot Place, The Boch Center, The Norwood Theatre, WooHaHa! Comedy Club and the legendary Nick’s Comedy Stop.
About MGM Springfield
MGM Springfield covers three city blocks in the heart of downtown Springfield, Mass. Creating 3,000 permanent jobs and igniting a cultural and economic renaissance in a historic New England city, the resort, which combines new construction with revived historic buildings, offers more than 125,000 square feet of gaming space, a 250-room boutique hotel on Main Street, superior spa services, diverse retail and inspired dining headlined by award-winning Chef Michael Mina’s Cal Mare. MGM Springfield also features the seven-screen Regal luxury cinema complex, bowling lanes, a seasonal skating rink and outdoor marketplace displaying local art, events and talent. MGM Springfield opened on August 24, 2018. For additional information, please visit www.mgmspringfield.com.