Now Open: Mandalay Bay Unveils Hazel Coffee | Cocktails
LAS VEGAS (Feb. 8, 2019) – Hazel Coffee | Cocktails at Mandalay Bay is now open, offering an all-day reprieve for night owls and early birds alike. With a wide variety of signature cocktails and specialty coffees, the lounge is a unique social hub that welcomes guests with delicious libations, sweet and savory breakfast and lunch offerings and live performances featuring local entertainers.
Created by MGM Resorts International Executive Director of Beverage Craig Schoettler, Hazel’s mixology program offers a juxtaposition of classic cocktails and modern variations. The lounge’s beverages are rooted in the fundamentals of mixology with a focus on fresh juices, housemade syrups and spirit-forward flavor profiles. Traditionalists can enjoy “The Classic” edition of a cocktail, such as the time-honored Manhattan, Cosmopolitan, Martini and beyond, while the adventurous cocktail connoisseurs may opt for “The Modern” variation – a modern twist on beloved favorites served in playful vessels.
Cocktail highlights include:
- The Daquiri:
- The Classic – Atlantico Platino rum and fresh lime juice
- The Modern – Avua Amburana Cachaca, housemade macadamia nut falernum, fresh lime juice and cinnamon; a tropical escape served in a Marlin-inspired vessel
- Old Fashioned:
- The Classic – Henry McKenna 10 Year bourbon, demerara syrup, angostura bitters and an orange peel
- The Modern – Laird’s apple brandy, Kikori Japanese whiskey, ginger syrup and Angostura bitters; served smoked in a pipe-like glass
- The Classic – Ketel One vodka, fresh lime juice, Cointreau and cranberry juice
- The Modern – Whistling Andy cucumber gin, cucumber juice and fresh lime, topped with cotton candy
As part of the lounge’s coffee program, caffeine-lovers can fuel up with specialty sips made with LAMILL COFFEE, an award-winning, premium specialty coffee roaster headquartered out of Los Angeles. Hazel’s coffee raises the bar by using roasted beans native to Ethiopia, Peru and Guatemala. Morning beverage options include mochas, tea lattes, a classic Americano or flat white and more, while the evening menu features an abbreviated selection of coffee specialties. Using top-of-the-line espresso machines, espresso drinks will be as visually appealing as they are delicious with decorative latte art atop each for a personal touch.
Guests interested in hearty options to complement their choice of beverage may order from a curated menu of in-house breakfast and lunch offerings such as parfaits, sandwiches, pastries and more. Complimentary housemade snacks, such as bourbon-bacon nuts, spicy wonton-cranberry-chocolate mix and salted caramel popcorn, also will be served in the evening.
Culinary highlights include:
- Breakfast Sandwich – Ham, egg, swiss, chives and Mornay sauce on a baguette
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich – Brie, olive tapenade and roasted garlic aioli on ciabatta
- Morning Pastries– Indulgent selections include the banana-walnut mascarpone cake, maple-pecan sticky buns, vanilla bomboloni, chocolate croissants, almond-apricot tarts and more
Designed by Bishop Pass, Hazel serves as the resort’s “living room” where guests can relax on gold lounge sofas, green velvet chairs or cobalt-blue Chesterfield banquettes. Bold jewel tones of deep blues, vibrant greens and chartreuse brighten the space, while touches of brass, dark wood and antique mirrors provide an old-world European feel. Reminiscent of charming boutique hotel lobbies, a large marble-top bar with chestnut leather armrests look onto a brass-shelved liquor display illuminated by matching brass fixtures.
Hazel Coffee | Cocktails is located just off the casino floor near the hotel lobby. Breakfast is available daily from 5 a.m. – 3 p.m. and cocktails are served from 3 p.m. – close.
Hazel’s hours of operation are as follows:
- Sunday – Thursday, 5 a.m. – 1 a.m.
- Friday – Saturday, 5 a.m. – 2 a.m.
Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino is set on 120 lush acres featuring Mandalay Bay Beach, a tropical pool paradise with real sand. The Mandalay Bay Events Center, award-winning restaurants, exhilarating entertainment, unique shopping, Shark Reef Aquarium and the recently expanded 2-million-square-foot Mandalay Bay Convention Center combine to make Mandalay Bay a distinctive Las Vegas resort destination. The resort offers three distinct hotel experiences: Mandalay Bay with 3,211 luxurious rooms and suites reflecting a modern tropical ambiance; Four Seasons Hotel, a AAA Five Diamond hotel offering 424 rooms and suites; and the luxury all-suite Delano Las Vegas. Mandalay Bay is owned by MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit mandalaybay.com, call toll free at (877) 632-7800 or find us on Facebook and Twitter.
MGM Resorts International