LAS VEGAS (November 19, 2015)
– Center Bar
, a high-energy casino bar and Parlor Lounge
, a cozy, handcrafted cocktail retreat are now open at The Mirage Hotel & Casino
. Centrally located in the heart of casino floor, the venues feature cocktail lists by accomplished Chicago mixologist Liz Pierce, who was recently named “Best New Mixologist” by Food and Wine
magazine. Surprising ingredients, unusual flavor pairings and a rare collection of boutique spirits highlight the menus at both venues.
On draught at both venues is Island Hopper, a proprietary saison pale ale from Las Vegas’ CraftHaus Brewery that pays homage to The Mirage’s tropical rainforest theme. Fresh mangos and a generous amount of Australian summer hops make this brew light, fruity and refreshing.
Located steps away from The Mirage’s iconic atrium, Center Bar’s name tells you all you need to know in order to find it. Inspired by the 'golden hour', just before day turns to night, Center Bar is awash with warm amber hues and rich oranges with hints of blue. The open atmosphere places guests in the heart of the action on the casino floor – a prime spot for people watching from day to night.
- Mirage Spritz: a true crowd pleaser, this sparkling libation made with Grey Goose vodka, Giffard Pamplemousse Liqueur, Chareau Aloe Vera Liqueur, fresh lemon, pomegranate juice and Prosecco has a touch of sweetness and just the right amount of fizz.
- Baller Old Fashioned: a modern take on the classic made with Angel’s Envy boutique bourbon, Tippleman’s Barrel-smoked Maple Cordial and Bittercube Cherry Bark Vanilla Bitters.
- Jack Rose: made with Laird’s Bonded Apple Brandy, one of the first spirits ever produced in the United States, house-made pomegranate molasses and fresh lime. Modern, yet approachable, The Armed Forces cocktail is created with Kappa Pisco, Leblon Cachaca, Small Hands Orgeat Almond Syrup, sweet strawberries and fresh lemon.
- Beginning Wednesday, Nov. 24, Typhoon, a tropical specialty cocktail served in a limited edition tiki mug designed specifically for The Mirage will be available for $35.
Parlor Lounge offers guests an intimate setting to enjoy cocktails and conversation complete with sophisticated sounds from a classic Steinway Grand Piano. Dark, paneled woods, burnished bronze, and accents of emerald come together to create a space that is classic and inviting. Pierce’s menu of inventive cocktails combines strong, bold flavors that create unexpected harmony finished with appealing edible garnishes. Highlights include:
- Wise Guys are Rye’s Guys: a rich cocktail with herbal notes made with Woody Creek Rye, Cocchi Barolo Chinato fortified wine, Nux Alpina walnut liqueur, cold brew coffee, Bittercube orange bitters and garnished with a chocolate honey pop.
- The Layup: a clean, crisp drink prepared with Aylesbury Duck vodka infused with green bell pepper, Chareau aloe vera liqueur, Skinos Mastiha – a Mediterranean spirit with notes of cucumber, pine, anise, fresh herbs and garnished with a fresh cucumber and Peychaud’s bitters.
- The Skara Brae: a twist on the original Rob Roy cocktail created in 1894, made with Highland Park Dark Origins scotch, Gran Classico Amaro, Vedrenne Crème de Cacao, Grand Marnier, a touch of cardamom cream, nutmeg and garnished with a honey cluster.
- The Hiker’s Delight: a granola bar-inspired concoction created with Averna Amaro, Kina I’Avion d’Or- an apertif wine with essences of quince, orange peel and cinchoa bark, Lustau Solera Reserva Sherry, fresh lime, mint and garnished with a dried apple blossom.
To pay homage to The Mirage’s rainforest theme, guests may purchase the Typhoon cocktail, a tropical drink that comes in a custom, limited edition, Mirage souvenir tiki mug, priced at $35.
Hours of operation:
• Center Bar: Daily, 10 a.m. - 5 a.m.
• Parlor Lounge: Tuesday – Saturday, 6 p.m. - 2 a.m.
ABOUT THE MIRAGE
Ideally located in the center of the famed Las Vegas Strip, The Mirage Hotel & Casino is the place to stay and play. The resort features contemporary accommodations; tantalizing restaurants created by the world’s most renowned chefs including Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak; dynamic nightlife venue 1 OAK Nightclub; a luxurious spa and salon; the enticing Bare pool lounge; and 170,000 square feet of meeting and convention space. Unique entertainment options include The Beatles
LOVE by Cirque du Soleil
celebrating the musical legacy of The Beatles; the Aces of Comedy series featuring one of the most comprehensive and diverse comedic line-ups nationwide; Terry Fator: The VOICE of Entertainment
; four-time GRAMMY Award-winning R&B musical sensation Boyz II Men; and the lush animal sanctuary of Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. From the iconic Volcano and 20,000-gallon lobby aquarium to the lush tropical atrium and pool,
guests experience an exotic world-class destination unlike any other. The Mirage is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit mirage.com
, call toll free at (800) 374-9000 or find us on Facebook
# # #
MGM Resorts International