MGM Springfield Announces Executive Team
Diverse group of industry professionals will lead resort operations
SPRINGFIELD (MA) Jan. 22 - MGM Springfield President and COO Michael Mathis today announced that his full executive team is now in place. The team, a diverse group of industry professionals, will lead operations for MGM Springfield, the Commonwealth’s first luxury resort and entertainment destination, set to open later this year.
Mathis said, "This is an all-star team. Together they bring years of experience and a broad expanse of skills that strengthens the deep bench of talent we already have in place. Each of them is committed, not only to the day-to-day objectives of their positions, but also to the greater role this property will play in the community. This team is the backbone of MGM Springfield and we will proudly reflect and represent the diversity of the region in which we work."
For the twelfth consecutive year, MGM Resorts International has been recognized as a Top Company for Diversity by DiversityInc, one of the nation's leading sources on workplace diversity management. Almost 69 percent of the company's employees are minorities. About 44 percent of employees in MGM Resorts' management ranks are women, while minorities comprise 43 percent of MGM Resorts' management ranks
Proud of the team he put together and that includes seven women and five people of color, Mathis said, "The beating heart of MGM Springfield is our commitment to diversity."
Introducing the MGM Springfield Executive Team:
- Michael Mathis - President & Chief Operating Officer
- Responsible for overall implementation and strategic planning
- Anthony Caratozzolo - Vice President, Food & Beverage
- Provides strategic direction and oversight of the food and beverage division
- Alex Dixon - General Manager
- Oversees all resort operations
- Anika Gaskins - Vice President, National Marketing
- Provides strategic leadership and implementation of all casino and loyalty marketing initiatives
- Brian Jordan - Director, Surveillance
- Oversees all surveillance operations and technology
- Monique Messier - Executive Director of Sales
- Provides leadership and direction on corporate sales for meetings and conventions
- Sarah Moore - Vice President, Marketing, Advertising & Brand
- Develops and executes strategic marketing plans and overall brand management as well as oversight of retail operations and leased outlets
- Marikate Murren - Vice President, Human Resources
- Plans and directs all aspects of the talent and human resource functions
- Jason Rosewell - Vice President, Facilities
- Provides strategic leadership and direction for the facilities department
- Jason Rucker - Executive Director, Security
- Directs and oversees all security departments
- Lynn Segars - Vice President, Slot Operations
- Oversees and directs the slots department including regulatory compliance
- Gregg Skowronski - Executive Director, Hotel Operations
- Provides strategic direction and oversees daily hotel operations
- Talia Spera - Executive Director, Arena Operations
- Responsible for the overall leadership and direction on booking and scheduling entertainment, sporting events and other functions
- Seth Stratton - Vice President & General Counsel
- Oversees legal affairs and government relations
- Courtney Wenleder - Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
- Directs and oversees the strategic financial planning, operational performance and financial management
- Robert Westerfield - Vice President, Table Games
- Oversees and directs the table games department including regulatory compliance.
In 2000, MGM Resorts became the first company in the gaming and hospitality industry to voluntarily adopt a formal diversity and inclusion policy. This is a critical pillar of the company's enterprise-wide social responsibility platform, which also includes community giving and environmental sustainability as key elements. MGM embraces diversity and innovation to inspire excellence. Diversity and inclusion anchor MGM’s culture of mutual respect among its diverse collection of extraordinary people–its greatest strength.
About MGM Springfield
MGM Springfield covers three city blocks in the heart of downtown Springfield, Mass. Igniting a cultural and economic renaissance in a historic New England city, the approximately 2 million square-foot development, which combines new construction with revived historic buildings, will offer more than 125,000 square feet of gaming space, a 250-room boutique hotel on Main Street and superior spa services, inspired dining and diverse retail. MGM Springfield also will feature a luxury cinema, high-energy bowling complex, a seasonal skating rink and outdoor marketplace displaying local art, events and talent. MGM Springfield is scheduled to open in Q3 2018. For additional information, please visit mgmspringfield.com.
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is an S&P 500® global entertainment company with national and international locations featuring best-in-class hotels and casinos, state-of-the-art meetings and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment experiences, and an extensive array of restaurant, nightlife and retail offerings. MGM Resorts creates immersive, iconic experiences through its suite of Las Vegas-inspired brands. The MGM Resorts portfolio encompasses 27 unique hotel offerings including some of the most recognizable resort brands in the industry. The company is expanding throughout the U.S. and around the world, developing MGM Springfield in Massachusetts and MGM COTAI in Macau, and debuting the first international Bellagio branded hotel in Shanghai. The 77,000 global employees of MGM Resorts are proud of their company for being recognized as one of FORTUNE® Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies®. For more information visit us at mgmresorts.com.