MGM Springfield Introduces Elevated Steakhouse Experience to Downtown Springfield
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (August 13, 2018) – As part of the highly anticipated arrival of Massachusetts’ first gaming resort, MGM Springfield will introduce a refined steakhouse experience to downtown Springfield when the resort opens on August 24. The Chandler Steakhouse – located in the site of the former Chandler Hotel – will be a memorable dinner destination, where guests can indulge in the region’s finest steaks and seafood.
“The Chandler will be a dining experience that is completely unique to the region yet still reflective of Springfield’s vibrant community,” said Gill. “Guests will have a chance to explore some of the best food this area has to offer in an eclectic, inviting space.”
Honoring the history of Springfield, the restaurant will operate in a space that was once the city’s most popular hotel. After opening in 1846, the Union House was later named Chandler Hotel – a name that would remain until it closed its doors in the 1930s. The property was frequented by many notable officials, including the 11th U.S. President James K. Polk and future President James Buchanan.
The team at Bishop Pass Interior Architectural Design Studio used the stately civic architecture of the nearby courthouse as the inspiration at The Chandler Steakhouse. Oxblood leather-clad seating areas will pay homage to old-world steakhouses of a different era and evoke a comfortable and chic dining room. Upon arrival, a sophisticated bar punctuated by illuminated honey onyx, white marble and rich oak woods will accent an extensive array of hard-to-find spirits.
A Peek at the Menu:
The Chandler’s menu will bring a little razzle dazzle to steakhouse fare with unique presentations and incredible flavors, all inspired by the surrounding region:
- Tableside Treatment: The Chandler will serve select menu items through tableside service. From Caesar salads to prime rib cuts aged in-house and fresh desserts made for each individual guest, diners will enjoy a full range of creative courses prepared right before their eyes.
- Refined Steaks and Seafood: The restaurant’s dinner menu will feature both familiar and nuanced dishes with playful riffs on classic steakhouse meals. All cuts will be aged in-house and locally sourced from New England family farms. Drawing inspiration from the bounty of the regional watershed, the eatery will serve locally sourced seafood such as fresh haddock; bone-in monkfish; a buttery, traditional New England lobster thermidor; and abundant seafood towers with a delectable array of oysters, shrimp, lobster and more.
- Sweet Treats: Guests can finish their meal with seasonal sweet treats. Local favorites like the Rhode Island-born coffee milk, a combination of sweet coffee syrup and milk, will be transformed into a delicious crispy brûlée. Cherries jubilee will be prepared with world-famous New England cherries and a traditional bananas foster will be prepared tableside for a dramatic finish to the evening.
Delivering hard-to-find spirits and impressive flavor profiles, The Chandler’s cocktail program will focus on pristinely executed classic cocktails with a modern twist. Guests can enjoy post-dinner decadence by ordering straight from The Chandler’s cordial cart.
- Dirty Martini Program: The Chandler’s dirty martini program will highlight seasonal vegetables that have been pickled and brined in-house, using the brine as the “dirty” and the vegetable as the garnish. The rustic cocktails will feature different spirits complemented by fresh produce such as heirloom tomatoes, fennel, artichoke, olives, baby carrots and more.
- Steakhouse Classics: A wide variety of iconic cocktails have been reimagined for The Chandler. Guests’ favorite drinks will be elevated, such as the Cosmopolitan, using world-famous New England cranberries and Ice Glen Vodka from Berkshire, Mass., or a Lemon Drop Martini with fresh-squeezed lemon juice, Ketel One Vodka and Cointreau.
- Chandler Signatures: The new spot will serve a selection of creatively designed beverages exclusive to the property. Drinks such as the Maple Old Fashioned with WhistlePig 10-year Rye Whiskey over barrel-aged maple syrup; and a play on a Cable Car using Berkshire gin, fresh lime, mint rose and ice cubes made from cucumbers, will give visitors the chance to sample stunning flavors matched with memorable presentations.
- Wine: The Chandler also will have a curated wine list, offering one-of-a-kind selections available by-the-glass or by the bottle. A room sommelier will be available to select the perfect complement to the evening’s menu selections.
The Chandler Steakhouse will be open Sunday – Thursday from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Friday – Saturday from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. For more information, visit MGM Springfield online.
MGM Springfield, a $960 million project from parent company MGM Resorts International, marks the first casino resort in Massachusetts.
About MGM Springfield
MGM Springfield covers three city blocks in the heart of downtown Springfield, Mass. Igniting a cultural and economic renaissance in a historic New England city, the approximately 2million square-foot development, which combines new construction with revived historic buildings, will offer more than 125,000 square feet of gaming space, a 250-room boutique hotel on Main Street and superior spa services, diverse retail and inspired dining headlined by award-winning Chef Michael Mina’s Cal Mare. MGM Springfield also will feature the eight-screen Regal luxury cinema complex, bowling lanes, a seasonal skating rink and outdoor marketplace displaying local art,eventsand talent. MGM Springfield will open August 24, 2018. For additional information, please visit mgmspringfield.com.
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is an S&P 500® global entertainment company with national and international locations featuring best-in-class hotels and casinos, state-of-the-art meetings and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment experiences, and an extensive array of restaurant,nightlifeand retail offerings. MGM Resorts creates immersive, iconic experiences through its suite of Las Vegas-inspired brands. The MGM Resorts portfolio encompasses 28 unique hotel offerings including some of the most recognizable resort brands in the industry. Expanding throughout the U.S. and around the world, the company opened MGM Cotai in Macau in February 2018. It is also developing MGM Springfield in Massachusetts and debuting the first international Bellagio branded hotel in Shanghai. The 78,000 global employees of MGM Resorts are proud of their company for being recognized as one of FORTUNE® Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies®. For more information visit us at www.mgmresorts.com.
Statements in this release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. MGM Springfield has based these statements on management’s current expectations and assumptions and not on historical facts. Examples of these statements include statements regarding the expected opening date of the casino resort and scope of the amenities to be offered. A number of important factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated in such forward-looking statements, including effects of economic and market conditions, competition with other destination travel locations throughout the United States and the world, and the design, timing and costs of the projects and risks relating to permits, licenses, financings, approvals and other contingencies and additional risks and uncertainties described in the MGM Resorts International Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and Form 8-K reports (including all amendments to those reports) filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In providing forward-looking statements, MGM Springfield is not undertaking any duty or obligation to update these statements publicly as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. If MGM Resorts updates one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that it will make additional updates with respect to those other forward-looking statements.
Natalie Mounier / Kara Rutkin
Kirvin Doak Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
MGM Resorts International