MGM Springfield Fact Sheet
One MGM Way
Springfield, MA 01103
(413) 273-5000 – Main Phone Number
(844) 848-6467– Toll-free Room Reservations
(413) 273-5000 – Restaurant Reservations
Website – mgmspringfield.com
Facebook – MGM Springfield
Twitter – @MGMSpringfield
Media Information – (413) 273-5580 / email@example.com
Media Newsroom – newsroom.mgmresorts.com/mgm-springfield
- Integrated resort and entertainment destination
- $960 million investment
- Groundbreaking – March 24, 2015
- Opened on August 24, 2018
- Non-smoking property
- Inside-out design integrates hotel into surrounding urban landscape while preserving iconic architecture
- 14 acres within three downtown city blocks: Union to State Streets and East Columbus Avenue to Main Street
- Approximately 2 million square feet of development including hotel, retail, casino and parking garage
- 252 guestrooms and suites
- Diverse food and beverage portfolio including Cal Mare by Chef Michael Mina, The Chandler Steakhouse, TAP Sports Bar and South End Market located off Main Street
- Three lively bar and lounge options
- 125,000-square-foot gaming floor with approximately 2,550 slot machines, 120 gaming tables, a poker room and high-limit VIP gaming area
- 34,000 square feet of meeting and convention facilities
- Retail outlets by well-known brands including Indian Motorcycle, Hannoush Jewelers and Kringle Emporium
- Amenities include a full-service spa, Topgolf Swing Suite and Regal luxury cinema
- Outdoor entertainment on The Plaza programmed seasonally, including a skating rink, live music, yoga classes, a farmers market and more
- MassMutual Center is the entertainment hub for MGM Springfield and serves as the home for large-scale conventions and events
- Permanent art collection inspired by the region’s rich heritage
- Seven-level garage with 3,400 parking spaces
- President & COO: Michael Mathis
- MGM Springfield is a wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM)
- Featuring 252 guestrooms and suites, MGM Springfield’s six-story boutique-style hotel is designed to be whimsical and indulgent. The guestroom portfolio features a range of accommodations including the Resort Room, Main Street Queen & King and City Queen & King.
- Designed by MGM Resorts Design & Development, the guestrooms are a nod to surrounding historical architecture spanning nearly three centuries.
- Design details—including factory-style paned glass and Edison bulb fixtures— harken on Springfield’s industrial roots, while eclectic artwork evokes the locale’s creative iconography, visually referencing Dr. Seuss, Emily Dickenson and Merriam-Webster Dictionary.
Food & Beverage
- MGM Springfield has an array of enticing restaurants and dining spots, including numerous new-to-market concepts ranging from specialty restaurants and fast-casual venues to in-room dining.
- Cal Mare: Award-winning chefs Michael Mina and Adam Sobel offer an Italian concept reminiscent of the vibrant seaside elegance of Italy’s Amalfi Coast.
- The Chandler Steakhouse: Located in the former Union House Hotel – later renamed The Chandler Hotel – the restaurant’s space was preserved as part of the development of MGM Springfield. Guests can savor the finest seafood and steaks at The Chandler Steakhouse.
- Tap Sports Bar: With a 10-lane bowling alley, arcade, New England-inspired menu and beer garden, TAP delivers an unparalleled entertainment experience for sports enthusiasts.
- South End Market: Located off Main Street, the Market features quick-casual dining spots such as Wicked Noodles, a pan-Asian restaurant; Jack’s Lobster Shack, offering lobster rolls and New England-style clam chowder; an all-American eatery at Bill’s Diner; and healthy options at the Hearth Grill. Additionally, guests can sit and sip at a Wine & Cheese bar or satisfy their sweet tooth at a Gelato & Espresso counter.
Entertainment & Nightlife
- The 8,000-seat arena serves as the entertainment hub for MGM Springfield and host for large-scale conventions and events.
- As one of the world’s leading presenters of live entertainment, MGM Resorts International attracts first-rate events, reinforcing the city’s reputation as the region’s premier entertainment center.
- MGM Springfield partners with other local venues such as Symphony Hall.
The Plaza and Armory Square
- MGM Springfield’s lively outdoor plaza and thriving public space, with the iconic 19th century Massachusetts National Guard Armory at its center, was inspired by the classic New England town common.
- The historic downtown landmark offers a remarkable backdrop for a variety of events including an open-air marketplace, live events, a weekly farmers market and seasonal programming including an outdoor ice rink.
- The Plaza is the anchor for the neighborhood’s pedestrian crowd, encouraging guests to explore the many local businesses and historical sites nearby.
- Just off The Plaza, an on-site standalone studio broadcasts select news of the day from Springfield to Western Mass News’ local stations. When the studio is not in use, guests are invited to step on set and take a selfie in the “Western Mass News Experience.”
- Lobby Bar is the epicenter of the resort’s mixology program and boasts progressive recipes, eclectic glassware and more.
- The bar places an emphasis on gin and features spirits from regional distilleries such as Berkshire Mountain, Privateer and Hartford Flavor Company.
Commonwealth Bar & Lounge
- Paying homage to Springfield’s legacy, Commonwealth blends a hip atmosphere with a turn-of-the-century vibe.
- This high-energy destination welcomes visitors with a stunning chandelier and waitresses donning flapper-style uniforms.
The Knox Bar
- A late-night gaming lounge that closes at 4 a.m.
- Taking its cue from Henry Knox, who built the historic Springfield Armory, The Knox Bar features gold décor and elevated cocktails.
- Extending from the outdoor Armory Square, MGM Springfield offers a variety of amenities, including a seven-screen, Regal luxury movie theater; rejuvenating spa; and relaxing pool within a terraced rooftop garden.
- Becoming the first in the region available to the general public, Topgolf Swing Suite features three high-tech simulators within a 2,200-square-foot suite and opens onto the resort’s lively outdoor plaza.
- The much-anticipated retail lineup animates the resort’s outdoor plaza and creates a vibrant interface with Springfield’s revitalized downtown experience.
- Kringle Emporium: Situated in a charming converted church, this retail experience celebrates popular elements of the brand’s original campus in Northern Massachusetts.
- Indian Motorcycle: The Springfield-born pioneers of the American motorcycle industry welcome guests to their first-ever apparel store at MGM Springfield.
- Hannoush Jewelers: This flagship location of the family-owned and operated business, that was founded in Springfield in 1980, offers brands such as Tacori, Breitling, Pandora and more.
- A 125,000-square-foot, smoke-free gaming floor featuring approximately 2,550 slot machines and 120 table games, including blackjack, craps, roulette and baccarat, as well as a poker room and high-limit VIP gaming lounge
Meetings & Events
- Approximately 34,000 square feet of versatile meeting space with the capability to host meetings, small private gatherings, wedding receptions and more.
- Two ballrooms, two boardrooms and one outdoor terrace that overlook the resort’s Armory Square.
- Catering offerings range from popular regional cuisine featuring locally-sourced foods to fine international fare.
- Additional indoor and outdoor venues for groups to customize events include the pool deck; dining outlets such as Cal Mare, The Chandler Steakhouse and TAP Sports Bar – including its 10-lane bowling alley and arcade; Regal luxury cinemas complex; and Topgolf Swing Suite.
History, Art and Culture
- MGM Resorts International was drawn to Springfield‘s rich history, architecture and the opportunity to rebuild an historic urban center.
- The hotel celebrates the city’s rich history with the preservation and reimagination of some of its most storied buildings.
- Locals and tourists can experience historic venues such as the French Congressional Chruch, The Armory, Chandler Union Hotel and more in an entirely new way.
- Woven through all elements of the resort, a public art program features a captivating collection of commissioned and hand-selected pieces.
- An additional exclusive exhibit, developed in partnership with Springfield Museums, is on display called “Cabinet of Curiosities: Springfield Innovations from the Springfield Museums.”
- The specially curated exhibition embodies the enterprising legacy of Springfield, showcasing turn-of-the-century objects such as a 1925 Edison Western Union Stock Ticker, a 1915 Springfield-made Telegraphone, an 1895 Edison Home Phonograph, thoughtfully placed throughout the resort.
- Located approximately 80 miles west of Boston, Springfield boasts a 375-year legacy as a major crossroads of New England.
- Among the city’s numerous draws are the Basketball Hall of Fame—a shrine to the sport in its founding locale—and The Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum, a recently debuted an interactive center devoted to literary great and Springfield native Theodor Geisel.
- Immediate access to Interstate 91 and the Mass. Pike, as well as nearby Bradley International Airport in Hartford and the Amtrak-serviced Union Station, make MGM Springfield well connected and accessible to local and global audiences.
# # #