MGM Resorts Village 2014 Events By The Numbers
Click to Tweet: Check out all of the fun facts & figures from the 2014 #festival & event season at #MGMVillage. #Vegas @MGMResortsIntl
(November 7, 2014) – This fall the MGM Resorts Village became the most versatile new entertainment space on The Strip. In only five weeks, this unique outdoor venue was home to 5 special and diverse events appealing to fans from around the world: iHeartRadio Music Festival Village, Blvd Brew Fest, the three-day Route 91 Harvest Festival, the two-day Rock ‘n Roll Wine Amplified Festival and SPEED Energy Formula Off-Road presented by Traxxas.
Music acts – ranging from Iggy Azalea to Blake Shelton and Blink-182 to Kings of Leon found their way to the Village and performed in front of energized crowds. Interactive experiences were created for each event and ranged from a foam pit at Route 91 Harvest Festival to caricature stations at iHeartRadio Music Festival Village. A water slide and sand pit area were a nice way for guests to cool off.
After the music died down, the dust didn’t have a chance to settle as the venue was transformed into a race track. Versatile off-road trucks, made to race on virtually any surface, flew through the air nearly 20 feet off the ground landing on man-made ramps throughout the Village.
See the Village from construction to production through an aerial time-lapse video here
Five weeks. 1 unforgettable new venue. How does it all break down?
- 1 Main Stage
- 5 weekends of festival and event frenzy
- 5 Entrance Gates
- 7 days of festival fun
- 8 VIP Suites
- 12 trucks raced in the 2 Traxxas events
- 15 acres of festival space
- 24 days to set up the MGM Resorts Village
- 58 performances on the MGM Resorts Village Main Stage
- 118 speakers on the Main Stage
- 125 tons of sand in the sand pit
- 150+ miles per hour – the trucks’ maximum speed during event competition
- 3,161 gallons of beer consumed during Blvd Brew Fest
- 5,704 corks collected during Rock and Roll Wine Festival
- 8,058 delicious food truck items enjoyed during Rock and Roll Wine Festival
- More than 65,000 festivalgoers in attendance.
For high-res images, visit the MGM Resorts online newsroom
MGM Resorts International Public Relations