MGM Resorts International Reveals Future Name and Logo for Northfield Park Property
Transition Slated for Completion in April; MGM Northfield Park to Introduce MGM Resorts’ Brand of Hospitality to Region
Las Vegas, NV (Feb. 27, 2019) – During a pep rally for employees of Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park today, MGM Resorts International executives shared the future name, logo and other details around exciting changes to take place at the property following the acquisition’s close in April. With a name symbolic of MGM Resorts’ legacy as an entertainment and hospitality leader, MGM Northfield Park will be integrated into the company’s portfolio of best-in-class gaming and entertainment destinations.
“MGM Resorts is proud to work alongside the 950 dedicated employees during this transition. MGM Northfield Park is situated in a great location within a vibrant community and offers wonderful amenities - from dining and entertainment venues to gaming, harness racing and retail options” said Chris Kelley, President, MGM Northfield Park. “Through the dedication and hard work of this team, the Rocksino and harness track have established themselves as market leaders and we are excited to begin this new journey together.”
Additional details shared with employees today:
- Food and Beverage
MGM Northfield Park’s food and beverage program will offer a new twist on beloved favorites. From MGM Resorts’ renowned TAP Sports Bar, a guest favorite from the company’s diverse culinary portfolio, to new beverage options, there will be something to please all palate preferences.
- TAP Sports Bar (currently Hard Rock Café) – An MGM Resorts original concept with locations at MGM Grand Las Vegas, MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, MD and MGM Detroit, TAP is a popular, high-energy restaurant and sports bar where guests will enjoy the latest sporting events while surrounded by sports memorabilia. Classic and contemporary American culinary favorites will be on the menu along with an extensive selection of local and craft beers. TAP will be open daily for lunch and dinner.
- The Buffet (currently Fresh Harvest Buffet) – Guests will encounter a new spin on a classic, all-you-can-eat dining experience. The delectable array of beef, fresh seafood, pasta, vegetables and fruit, along with sweet desserts, will bring the tradition of the Las Vegas buffet experience to the heart of MGM Northfield Park.
- The Roasted Bean (currently Constant Grind) – a charming bistro, this quick service concept will serve coffee, tea, pastries, salads and sandwiches. The Roasted Bean will be open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Center Bar and Lounge (currently Center Bar) – Center Bar and Lounge is a high-energy casino bar, adjacent to TAP Sports Bar. The open atmosphere will place guests in the heart of the action on the casino floor – a prime spot for people watching from day to night.
Hosting the most highly regarded sporting events and musical acts in the world in multiple state-of-the-art performance venues, MGM Resorts is an undisputed, worldwide leader in entertainment. MGM Resorts is excited to continue the momentum at MGM Northfield Park.
- Center Stage (currently Hard Rock Live) – The concert style music hall will host multiple entertainment acts and events throughout the year. With a state-of-art audio and lighting system, 1,900 seats and an electrifying atmosphere, it is the ideal venue for stars to grace the stage any night of the week.
- The Neon Room (currently Club Velvet) – From hosting comedy acts to live musical performances, The Neon Room will be a high-energy venue ideal for the hottest programming line-up around. The versatile space also will serve as a rental facility for corporate or special events.
Fun and convenient retail options will provide an assortment of amenities for guests to purchase such as souvenirs, snacks, water, sodas and more.
- The Shop (currently Rock Shop) – The Shop will serve as the property’s sundries store, offering snacks, gifts, MGM Northfield Park merchandise and more.
- Rewards Gas & Wash (currently Rockstop Gas & Wash) – A unique property amenity where guests can get gas, drive through a car wash and shop in a full retail store.
Kelley said, “It has been an absolute pleasure working with the Hard Rock team during this transition. They have created a successful and special destination with a terrific team and they have our commitment that we will uphold the high standards they have set.”
Additional details on the MGM Northfield Park transformation will be available in the coming weeks. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions.
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is an S&P 500® global entertainment company with national and international locations featuring best-in-class hotels and casinos, state-of-the-art meetings and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment experiences, and an extensive array of restaurant, nightlife and retail offerings. MGM Resorts creates immersive, iconic experiences through its suite of Las Vegas-inspired brands. The MGM Resorts portfolio encompasses 29 unique hotel and destination gaming offerings including some of the most recognizable resort brands in the industry. Expanding throughout the U.S. and around the world, the company acquired the operations of Empire City Casino in New York in 2019, and in 2018, opened MGM Springfield in Massachusetts, MGM COTAI in Macau, and the first Bellagio-branded hotel in Shanghai. The over 82,000 global employees of MGM Resorts are proud of their company for being recognized as one of FORTUNE® Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies®. For more information visit us at www.mgmresorts.com.
About Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park
Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park is Ohio’s award-winning gaming, dining, and entertainment destination, located on the Northfield Park harness racing grounds, which offers more than 200 live harness races each year. Additionally, the Rocksino offers more than 2,300 gaming devices, varied dining options, unparalleled live music and comedy events, and hosts guests for a variety of functions and banquets. The property also boasts a retail shop and state-of-the-art gas service station and car wash.
Statements in this release that are not historical facts are "forward-looking" statements and "safe harbor statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that involve risks and/or uncertainties, including those described in MGM Resorts’ public filings with the SEC. MGM Resorts has based forward-looking statements on management’s current expectations and assumptions and not on historical facts. Examples of these statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the expected closing of the acquisition and any benefits to be achieved as a result of the acquisition. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated in such forward-looking statements include effects of economic conditions and market conditions in the markets in which MGM Resorts operates and competition with other destination travel locations throughout the United States and the world, the design, timing and costs of expansion projects, risks relating to international operations, permits, licenses, financings, approvals and other contingencies in connection with growth in new or existing jurisdictions and additional risks and uncertainties described in MGM Resorts’ Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and Form 8-K reports (including all amendments to those reports). In providing forward-looking statements, MGM Resorts is not undertaking any duty or obligation to update these statements publicly as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. If MGM Resorts updates one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that it will make additional updates with respect to those other forward-looking statements.
# # #
Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park
MGM Resorts International