MGM National Harbor And Executive Chef Jason Johnston Present PIZZAPALOOZA
NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. (August 14, 2017) – MGM National Harbor will bring a taste of Italy to the Nation’s Capital as it hosts the inaugural PIZZAPALOOZA event, taking place on Potomac Plaza Sunday, September 10 from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sponsored by Marrra Forni, Orlando Foods, Pellegrino, Fiji and Redbull, the event will unite an all-star lineup of celebrity chefs to celebrate their passion for pizza, Italian cuisine and artisan craftsmanship from around the globe.
The ticketed event is open to the public with general admission tickets starting at $100 and entitles guests to unlimited food and beverage during the event. A VIP experience package, available for $150, includes unlimited food and beverage as well as access to the PIZZAPALOOZA after party at FELT Bar and Lounge from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Additionally, participating M Life Reward Members will receive $25 in FREEPLAY. Guests who enroll in the M Life Rewards program on or prior to September 10 will be able to show their M Life Rewards card at the event to also receive $25 in FREEPLAY. Tickets are now available online.
The event promises to be a fully immersive experience featuring a wide range of Italian-inspired beer, wine, yard games and live music. Guests will indulge in pizzas crafted from a variety of cooking methods from Naples, New York- and Chicago-style as well as traditional Italian pastries and assorted dishes.
“These dynamic pizza makers are the innovators of the artisan industry today. This event celebrates all varieties of pizza and showcases how these talented individuals use same ingredients, but with multiple preparations, to create the one food that everyone loves, pizza,” said MGM National Harbor’s Executive Chef Jason Johnston, “MGM National Harbor is honored to host this inaugural celebration, allowing the entire DMV area to see first-hand the passion and talent displayed by these renowned culinary masterminds.”
While enjoying picturesque views of the Potomac River, guests will feast from the food stations manned by acclaimed masters of the culinary world, each showcasing their love of pizza and Italian fare. Participating chefs include:
About MGM National Harbor
- Giulio Adriani, Atlanta, GA. (@wondergiulio): A Master Pizzaiolo and Naples native, Adriani is redefining Neapolitan pizza in America with his Atlanta-based pizzeria, The Local Pizzaiolo.
- John Arena, Las Vegas, NV. (@MetroPizza): A third generation pizza maker, Arena is a worldwide ambassador for the world’s greatest communal food, advocating for the shared experiences and celebration of the artisan craft. He is co-owner of Metro Pizza, boasting five locations throughout Nevada. Metro opened specializing in thin-crust New York pies, but has since added a wide range of regional specialties to their menu.
- Vincent Rotolo, Las Vegas, NV. (@EvelPieLV): Chef Rotolo is the Chef, General Manager and Co-Owner of Evel Pie, an Evel Knievel-themed pizzeria located in Downtown Las Vegas on Fremont Street. The dining concept blends a 1970's dive bar & pizza parlor style joint filled with Evel Knievel memorabilia serving up an authentic NY style street slice. Vincent won the Silver Medal in the gluten free division at the 2017 International Pizza Expo and his Detroit style gluten free pizza has taken the industry by storm. A native of NYC, he is known as a passionate obsessive of all things pizza and Italian American food culture.
- Paulie Gee, Brooklyn, NY. (@pauliegee): Paulie Gee continues to solidify his entrepreneurial legacy by helping pizza enthusiasts establish and operate wood-fired pizzerias across the country. During PIZZAPALOOZA, he will be joined by protégés Kelly Beckham of Paulie Gee's Hampden (Baltimore), Derrick Tung of Paulie Gee's Logan Square (Chicago) and TJ Gibbs of Paulie Gee's Short North (Columbus).
- Executive Chef Bryan Voltaggio, National Harbor, MD. (@BryanVoltaggio): Chef Bryan is executive chef and owner of six restaurants including, RANGE by Chef Bryan Voltaggio, which offers an assortment of wood oven pizzas. A James Beard Foundation Awards Finalist, Chef Voltaggio is the first chef to ever compete on both Top Chef and Top Chef Masters. Voltaggio Brothers Steakhouse at MGM National Harbor, a joint restaurant venture with his brother Michael, offers an exclusive dining concept featuring local flavors and regional specialties.
- Chef Joseph Englese, National Harbor, MD. (@chefjoeenglese): Having owned and operated pizzerias along the East Coast for over a decade, Chef Englese oversees the operations of National Market at MGM National Harbor, which includes ZiZi’s Pizza, as well as nine other unique fast casual dining experiences.
- Executive Pastry Chef Sylvain Bortolini, National Harbor, MD. (@Sylvainbortolinichef): A celebrated pastry chef and world-class chocolatier, Pastry Chef Bortolini oversees the pastry, dessert and chocolate creations for MGM National Harbor including the iconic European-inspired pastry shop, Bellagio Patisserie, as well as restaurants, in-room dining and catering operations.
- Gino Rago, Chicago, IL (@PaninosChicago): Rago is a competitive pizza maker, having won second place in the “Best Pizza in America” contest during the 2015 U.S. Pizza Team Northeast National Pizza Trials. Alongside his brother, he is the owner of the Chicago-based pizzeria, Panino’s.
- Chef Nino Coniglio, Brooklyn, NY. (@WburgPizza): A Brooklyn native, Congilio was awarded “Pizza Maker of the Year” at the 2016 International Pizza Expo. In November 2016 he opened Brooklyn Pizza Crew, a pizza collaborative offering traditional New York-style pizzas such as the Brooklyn pie and the Margherita, as well as some specialty varieties.
- Roberto Caporuscio, New York, NY (@robertocaporus1): A passionate advocate for the Neapolitan Pizza Industry, Caporuscio serves as U.S. President of the Association of Neapolitan Pizzaiuoli and is the owner of Kesté Pizza & Vino in New York City, specializing in Neapolitan wood-fired pizzas with vegan and gluten-free options.
- Michele D’amelio, Orlando, FL. (@dameliomichele): A native of Irpinia, a province of Avellino just hours from Naples, Chef D’amelio is known for his signature Napolean-style pizza dishes. D’amelio was named the World Champion in the Italian Division at the 2013 International Pizza Expo and currently collaborates with Orlando Food Sales, Molino Caputo and CIAO tomatoes.
- Executive Chef Roy Ellamar, Las Vegas, NV. (@chefsensi): A Hawaiian Native, Chef Ellamar helms Harvest by Roy Ellamar at Bellagio in Las Vegas offering an exceptional guest experience. The fine dining concept incorporates his passion for homegrown and locally sourced produce and continually cultivates relationships with local farmers ensuring the best quality product is procured.
The newest addition to the MGM Resorts International (NYSE:MGM) portfolio, MGM National Harbor has an unrivaled setting offering stunning panoramic views of the eastern shore of the Potomac River in Maryland. The $1.4 billion LEED® Gold Certified resort, which opened December 8, 2016, sits a short distance from Washington, D.C. to the north and historic sites, including George Washington's Mount Vernon estate across the river in Virginia. The 24-story, 308-room resort features premier amenities and experiences for locals as well as visitors from around the world including a dynamic casino with over 125,000 square feet of space that includes slots, table games and poker; a world-class spa and salon; an entertainment theater with flexible seating for up to 3,000; high-end branded retail; 50,000 square feet of meeting space; and restaurants from renowned local, national and international chefs. For more information, visit mgmnationalharbor.com
or follow on Facebook
# # #
MGM National Harbor