National Harbor - Community Overview
Click to Download
To download the complete Fact Sheet, click the "Click to Download" button above.
- National Harbor is a master-planned eight-year-old micro-city located in Maryland and strategically situated on scenic waterfront on the historic Potomac River, just across from Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia and Washington, D.C. It has rapidly become a tourism destination that attracts more than 12 million visitors annually.
- The property was conceived, developed and is managed by Peterson Companies, a wellknown Washington, D.C. regional real estate company. The family-owned company recently celebrated its 50th anniversary.
- National Harbor is 350 acres of mixed-use (retail, restaurant, office, residential and entertainment) development.
- Right now, National Harbor is approximately 50 percent completed. Upon completion, National Harbor will hold 7,300,000+ square feet of master-planned, mixed-use space including 1 million square feet of retail, dining and entertainment space (including MGM) and 1 million square feet of class “A” office space.
- When completed, National Harbor will have 2,500 residential units.
- The property has so much to offer visitors that, in Spring 2016, it launched its own convention and visitors’ bureau—“Visit National Harbor.”