UFC® Ends Year With Blockbuster Women’s Feather Weight Championship Bout Between Cris Cyborg and Holly Holm
(#2) Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. (#3) Edson Barboza
(#4) Jimmie Rivera vs. (#5) John Linker
(#8) Carlos Condit vs. (#11) Neil Magny
Tickets For UFC® 219: Cyborg vs. Holm at T-Mobile Arena Go On Sale Friday, December 1
LAS VEGAS (November 28, 2017) – UFC® will finish 2017 with a blockbuster event when UFC women’s featherweight champion Cris Cyborg (18-1, 1NC, fighting out of Huntington Beach, Calif. by way of Curitiba, Brazil) battles former women’s bantamweight titleholder Holly Holm (11-3, fighting out of Albuquerque, New Mexico) at UFC® 219: CYBORG vs. HOLM. This marks the second consecutive year that the UFC’s New Year’s card will be headlined by a women’s championship fight. The event will take place Saturday, Dec. 30 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas and will be available live on Pay-Per-View.
Among the most dominant fighters in mixed martial arts, Cyborg captured the vacant UFC women’s featherweight championship with a spectacular TKO win over Tonya Evinger at UFC 214 in July. Holding 16 knockout wins to her name, the Brazilian slugger now looks to cement her title reign with a stunning stoppage against Holm.
A multiple-time boxing champion whose head kick KO win over Ronda Rousey sent shockwaves through the MMA world, Holm aims to become the first woman to hold championships in two separate UFC divisions. Known for her precision striking and slick footwork, Holm’s most recent outing saw her deliver another highlight-reel knockout over Bethe Correia.
UFC® 219: CYBORG vs HOLM will also feature a thrilling lightweight co-main event between No. 2-ranked contender Khabib Nurmagomedov (24-0, fighting out of Dagestan, Russia) and No. 3 Edson Barboza (19-4, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil).
A perennial contender, undefeated Nurmagomedov has torn through the 155-pound competition with dominant victories over former champ Rafael Dos Anjos, Michael Johnson and Thiago Tavares. The two-time World Sambo champion looks to use Barboza as a stepping stone to a title shot.
A dangerous striker, Barboza’s victories over Terry Etim and Beniel Dariush are among the most sensational knockouts in UFC history. Known for his crushing kicks and knees, the Brazilian has also earned impressive wins over Gilbert Melendez, former champion Anthony Pettis and Paul Felder. Adding Nurmagomedov to his resume will launch Barboza straight into the title mix.
Additional bouts on the card include:
- No. 4-ranked bantamweight contender Jimmie Rivera (21-1, fighting out of Ramsey, New Jersey) looks to stake his claim for a title shot when he meets heavy-handed and No. 5-ranked John Lineker (30-8, fighting out of Paranagua, Parana, Brazil)
- Former interim welterweight champion and No. 8-ranked contender Carlos Condit (30-10, fighting out of Albuquerque, New Mexico) returns against No. 11-ranked Neil Magny (19-7, fighting out of Denver, Colorado)
- KO artists collide as Khalil Rountree Jr. (7-2, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nevada) takes on UFC newcomer Michal Oleksiejczuk (12-2, fighting out of Barki, Poland)
- In a pivotal strawweight bout, surging No. 7-ranked contender Cynthia Calvillo (6-0, fighting out of Sacramento, California) faces her toughest test in former champion and No. 8-ranked Carla Esparza (13-4, fighting out of Irvine, California)
- No. 14-ranked featherweight Myles Jury (16-2, fighting out of San Diego, California) aims to continue his momentum against gritty Rick Glenn (20-4-1, fighting out of Sacramento, California)
- In a battle of dynamic lightweight strikers, Dan Hooker (15-7, fighting out of Auckland, New Zealand) squares off with Marc Diakiese (12-1, fighting out of Doncaster, England by way of Democratic Republic Congo)
- No. 13-ranked flyweight Louis Smolka (11-4, fighting out of Kapolei, Hawaii) looks to snap a three-fight skid when he faces streaking Matheus Nicolau (12-2-1, fighting out of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- In a clash of middleweight prospects, Marvin Vettori (12-3, fighting out of Mezzocorona, Italy) meets Omari Akhmedov (17-4, fighting out of Makhachkala, Russia)
For the latest information on additional bouts for this event, please visit www.ufc.com
. All bouts live and subject to change.
Visit the UFC®
Press Portal for information and content to support your UFC coverage.
UFC® 219: CYBORG vs HOLM
will air live on PPV at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT on Saturday, Dec. 30, with the prelims kicking off the evening on FS1 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT and on UFC FIGHT PASS®
at 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. PT.
Tickets for UFC® 219: CYBORG vs HOLM
go on sale Friday, Dec. 1 at 10 a.m. PT and are priced at $500, $425, $350, $275, $225, $180, $150, $120, $100, $75 and $50 USD (prices do not include applicable service charges or fees). Tickets are available for purchase online at www.axs.com
and will be available at the T-Mobile Arena box office. Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person.
UFC Fight Club®
members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets Wednesday, Nov. 29 at 10 a.m. PT via the website www.ufcfightclub.com
. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thursday, Nov. 30 starting at 10 a.m. PT. To access this presale, users must register for the UFC newsletter through UFC.com
# # #
is a premium global sports brand and the largest pay-per-view event provider in the world. Acquired in 2016 by global sports, entertainment and fashion leader, Endeavor, together with strategic partners Silver Lake Partners and KKR, UFC is headquartered in Las Vegas with a network of employees around the world. UFC produces more than 40 live events annually that consistently sell-out some of the most prestigious arenas around the globe, while programming is broadcast in over 163 countries and territories to more than 1.1 billion TV households worldwide in 35 different languages. UFC FIGHT PASS®
, a digital subscription service, delivers exclusive live events, thousands of fights on-demand and original content to fans around the world. For more information, visit UFC.com
and follow UFC at Facebook.com/UFC
, Twitter, Snapchat and Instagram: @UFC.
Press Contact for UFC:
Press Contact for T-Mobile Arena: