Life’s a Beach as Mandalay Bay Celebrates Summer with Sandcastles, Sharks and Slam Dunks
LAS VEGAS (June 26, 2019) – Summer is in full swing and Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino is at center court with all the action. From the popular Concerts on The Beach series to the thrilling Las Vegas Aces basketball games, the resort is the epicenter of summer fun with an endless roster of experiences from sun up to sun down during the Summer of Mandalay Bay.
Certain to become this summer’s #Vegas Insta-hit is the new 22-ton, eight-foot sand sculpture located in the resort’s lobby. The elaborate, real sand sculpture showcases some of the can’t-miss experiences at Mandalay Bay including three sharks and 46 fish to represent Shark Reef Aquarium; concert-goers to symbolize the incredible entertainment throughout the property; and even a lazy river to showcase one of the resort’s most popular features. Handcrafted by a team of artists out of San Diego, the sculpture is not held together with any adhesives, glue or supports – just water and sand.
Guests looking to actually sink their toes in the sand can head down to Mandalay Bay Beach to experience the world-famous aquatic playground featuring 2,700 tons of real sand, a 1.6-million-gallon wave pool and a lazy river. With 75 well-appointed cabanas, families can spend a perfect day at the beach without having to leave The Strip. On select summer nights, music fans can enjoy the summer sounds of their favorite entertainers with the Concerts on the Beach series including a spectacular fireworks show with Mystic Roots on July 4.
Beyond the fun in the sun, visitors can seek relief from the heat with indoor entertainment at Mandalay Bay:
- Bites and Sips – Mandalay Bay’s culinary portfolio is distinct and diverse representing a wide range of tastes including Aureole by Charlie Palmer, Libertine Social by Shawn McClain, Fleur by Hubert Keller and Rivea by Alain Ducasse, high atop Delano Las Vegas, to name a few.
- Game Time – Home to the WNBA’s Las Vegas Aces, this is the hub of the alley-oop action with the team’s second season through August 31 and the 2019 WNBA All-Star Game on July 27.
- Shows and Nightlife – All summer long, guests can expect to find exciting entertainment around every corner. Intimate performances by Santana at House of Blues or country music crooners at Nashville Unplugged can be paired with late-night dancing at LIGHT Nightclub. Other can’t-miss events this summer include Pentatonix, JoJo Siwa and Psycho Las Vegas at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.
- Shark Reef Aquarium – Unforgettable animal encounters such as shark, stingray and sea turtle feeds provide hands-on interaction to learn how the animals are fed and what they eat.
- Just Say Spaaah – Summer skin can be refreshed with the benefits of coconut and lime found in Spa Mandalay’s summer specials including the Coconut Lime Escape Massage and the Revitalizing Coconut Facial.
# # #
About Mandalay Bay
Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino is set on 120 lush acres featuring Mandalay Bay Beach, a tropical pool paradise with real sand. The Mandalay Bay Events Center, award-winning restaurants, exhilarating entertainment, unique shopping, Shark Reef Aquarium and the recently expanded 2-million-square-foot Mandalay Bay Convention Center combine to make Mandalay Bay a distinctive Las Vegas resort destination. The resort offers three distinct hotel experiences: Mandalay Bay with 3,211 luxurious rooms and suites reflecting a modern tropical ambiance; Four Seasons Hotel, a AAA Five Diamond hotel offering 424 rooms and suites; and the luxury all-suite Delano Las Vegas. Mandalay Bay is owned by MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information and reservations, visit mandalaybay.com, call toll free at (877) 632-7800 or find us on Facebook and Twitter.