Award-Winning Spa & Salon Bellagio Offers Innovative Design and Treatments
LAS VEGAS – Soothing water, glowing candles and elements of the earth balanced with contemporary architecture create the stage for a pampering and rejuvenating experience not soon forgotten at Spa & Salon Bellagio.
The architectural features of the spa reveal an overall design based on the natural philosophies of Zen. Sleek, clean lines combine with natural materials such as travertine, granite, bleached walnut and onyx to balance a contemporary feel with the warmth of natural elements. Honoring the origins of the word spa from the Latin words salus per aquam (which means “health by water”, reflecting pools, water walls and illuminated aqua-colored glass are used throughout. Accents of Nephrite Jade and hand-blown glass also are incorporated into the décor. The result is a space that is both inviting and soothing.
The unique, tranquil surroundings are just the beginning of this spa experience. Spa Bellagio’s menu incorporates a fusion of treatments discovered around the world and perfected at the resort. Some of the more distinct services include: Tropical Enzyme Escape; Thai Yoga Massage; Indian Head Massage; and Ashiatsu Massage, Shiatsu massage performed with the feet. Ideal for those with tight muscles, the Watsu treatment is a stretching massage performed in a special pool with water warmed to body temperature. Also known as Water Shiatsu, the treatment is derived from a Japanese healing technique.
Recognizing the growing interest of men in spas, Bellagio created amenities and a treatment menu specifically for men, one of the fastest growing segments of spa goers. The men’s spa area features two added bonuses – its own outdoor relaxation balcony overlooking the pool and a “Shy Guy” treatment room. Within Salon Bellagio, a private Barber Room provides straight razor shaves using steamed towels and Art of Shaving products.
With group “spa-ing” on the rise for brides/bridesmaids, mother/daughter excursions, and friends looking for a weekend getaway, several areas within Spa & Salon Bellagio were designed with groups in mind. To enhance the fun, the Watsu Room, Meditation Room and secluded manicure/pedicure areas allow for beverages and food to be served upon request.
For guests focused on maintaining their fitness regime when traveling, Spa Bellagio makes it easy, featuring a 6,000-square-foot Fitness Center overlooking the pool and Mediterranean gardens. A separate check-in, a secure locker area for small items, and state-of-the-art treadmills, bikes, elliptical trainers and Pilates equipment are among the amenities. Flat-screen televisions located within mirrored walls help create an environment that makes getting in shape feel almost effortless. The Bamboo Studio, a 1,000-square-foot exercise room complete with bamboo flooring, was designed for classes ranging from Cardio Boot Camp and Body Sculpt to Pilates and Yoga.
To continue the experience at home, 12 of the world's best spa and beauty product lines, including Pevonia, Phytoceane, Nars, Cellex C and Kérastase, used in the Spa & Salon are available for purchase. In addition, Spa Bellagio's private label line features salt and sugar scrubs, massage oils and shower gels. Bellagio’s body butter is offered in five signature flavors: Pomegranate, Green Tea, Oatmeal Honey, Honey Papaya and Chai Tea.
Features of Spa & Salon Bellagio:
- DESIGN - The overall design of this luxurious 55,000-square-foot spa is Zen-influenced, balancing natural elements of earth (granite and shellstone), water (water walls and Watsu), fire (candles) and wind (fans) with clean, sleek features.
- FUSION – The spa’s eclectic international menu features treatments from Egypt, Indonesia, Thailand, India and Bali. Native American traditions also are incorporated.
- VARIETY – The spa’s 56 treatment rooms include 12 Skin Care Rooms with private showers, four Ashiatsu and two Thai Yoga Massage Rooms, two Vichy Rooms, two Hydrotherapy Rooms, a Watsu Room and four Couple’s Rooms.
– The Bamboo Room, a 1,000-square-foot fitness studio, offers daily classes including Body Sculpt, Cardio Boot Camp, B Boxing, Pilates and Yoga; state-of-the-art Fitness Center features 20 treadmills with individual televisions, 10 cross-trainers, 49 strength stations, and 11 cycling stations; flat-screen televisions located within a wall of mirrors; and 65 ceiling fans to keep things cool when the workout heats up.
- MEDITATION ROOM WITH A TWIST
– Water walls surround the serene Meditation Room of Spa Bellagio. Candles, placed within these walls, offer a warm glow and accentuate the flowing water. This quiet respite is an ideal place to read, meditate or simply relax.
– The Salon’s artistic directors, well-known Las Vegas stylist Stuart Matthew and stylist Araceli Blandon, oversee this dynamic 10,000-square-foot salon with 18 stations. Features include a Barber Room with straight razor shaves using steamed towels and Art of Shaving products, a waxing and facial room, a Private Mani/Pedi Room for guests who like that extra special treatment, two Couple’s Mani/Pedi Rooms, and a “pamper party” area. Among the many special packages, Salon Bellagio’s Mother & Daughter Package, Girlfriends’ Polynesian Package and the Couple’s Pampering Package are sure to create lasting memories. Other services include airbrush makeup, a microdermabrasion foot treatment and a luminous pearl manicure incorporating crushed pearl powder.
- PORTABLE SPA-ING
– Massages are available in poolside cabanas, and in-room massages can be scheduled upon request.
# # #
MGM Resorts International Public Relations