MGM Resorts International Food & Beverage News – August 2018
LAS VEGAS ACES
Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino
To celebrate the inaugural season of the city’s first professional women’s sports team, Mandalay Bay is offering basketball fans a variety of fun and festive Las Vegas Aces-themed food and beverage specials. Fans will have the opportunity to participate in the following gameday festivities that will begin approximately two hours prior to tip-off:
- Libertine Social will host the official pre-game “tailgate” for all evening games that will include:
- Complimentary appetizer for all season ticket holders
- Aces-themed sugar cookies available for purchase; one order includes four cookies for $5
Rhythm & Riffs Lounge presented by TYLT
- Red Square will offer 20% off food and beverage*
The Shoppes at Mandalay Place
- Guests can enjoy a delicious Aces Dog, a bacon-wrapped, mesquite-smoked beef dog served in an herb garlic buttered bun with Jack Daniel’s BBQ Sauce, available for purchase at the lounge’s Hot Dog Cart located outside Rhythm & Riffs
- In addition to live music, Rhythm & Riffs will offer a specialty Las Vegas Aces beverage menu for fans that includes:
- “Double Dribble” – Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Rye based cocktail mixed with a bright pear cider
- “R&R Juke” – Combination of Old Forester bourbon, Chambord, fresh lemon juice and ginger beer. The Aces cocktail list also is available at the Mandalay Bay Sports Book.
- Select beers for $8
- Burger Bar *
- Buy one milkshake at regular price, get the second milkshake (of equal or lesser value) free.
- Hussong’s Cantina *
- 15% off food and beverage
- RM Seafood *
- RX Boiler Room *
- Slice of Vegas *
- 15% off food and beverage
- Minus5 Ice Bar *
* Please note, gameday specials and discounts are available all day with the exception of Happy Hour prices. Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount. Management reserves all rights. Restrictions apply. Must show game day ticket.
SPECIAL MENUS & EVENTS
Click here to access the complete menus.
Snack Wagon Pop-Up Series at Harvest by Roy Ellamar
Each month during this exciting pop-up culinary series, a guest chef takes over one of Harvest by Roy Ellamar’s signature snack wagons, offering their own specialty small bites as they travel table-to-table to chat with diners. The interactive series gives culinary aficionados the opportunity to taste a variety of dishes and mingle with their favorite chefs.
Burger of The Month at PUB 1842
- Where: Harvest by Roy Ellamar featuring Executive Chef Jay Calimlim of Della’s Kitchen at Delano Las Vegas
- When: Friday, September 7; 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. in the restaurant’s lounge
- Social media info: @Bellagio @RoyEllamar #HarvestPopUp
For the month of August only, guests can curb their burger craving with a special Breakfast of Champions burger
($23) piled high with an 8-oz. angus beef patty, Andouille sausage, ham, candied bacon, American cheese, a fried egg, caramelized onions and Sriracha aioli; served with BBQ-seasoned fries.
Down the Hatch at Michael Mina’s STRIPSTEAK
- Where: Michael Mina’s PUB 1842
- When: August 1 – 31
- To make reservations, call the restaurant at 702-891-3922
- Social media info: @MGMGrand
STRIPSTEAK guests are invited to enjoy Down the Hatch
, a monthly beverage experience by Mina Group’s beverage all-stars that explores exciting cocktails, spirits, wine and more throughout 2018. The month of August will highlight various tequila tastings and delicious tequila-based cocktails. Those who choose to imbibe are encouraged to Instagram or tweet their photos and tag @StripsteakLV or use the hashtags #MinaHatch and #HatchTequila to receive a special surprise offer to be redeemed on their next visit to the restaurant. This month’s Down the Hatch
beverage menu includes:
Vinyl Thursdays at Primrose
- Rosey Kisses ($16) – Casamigos Blanco tequila, rose-infused rock candy syrup, fresh lime juice and Cointreau
- Shoot It ($21) – Tequila flight of three, half-ounce tastings to include Deleon Diamante Blanco, Patron Reposado, Codigo 1530 Añejo
- Sip It ($38) – Tequila flight of three, half-ounce tastings to include Casa Dragones Joven, Asombroso Añejo 5 gran, Don Julio 1942, served with spiced orange and lime
Park MGM presents Vinyl Thursdays, an interactive music experience that takes place in the Drawing Room at Primrose every other Thursday from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Guests are invited to bring their own vinyl records to be played throughout the evening or simply enjoy champagne, garden-inspired cocktails and the dinner menu while listening to eclectic beats. Records also will be available for guests to choose from, provided by local record store Zia Records.
- Where: Primrose’s Drawing Room
- When: Every other Thursday; 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Social Media info: @ParkMGM
- For additional information, visit www.ParkMGM.com/VinylThursdays
The Mirage is celebrating Summer with Poola Days now through August 31. As a salute to the hotel’s Polynesian-themed roots, Poola Days features hula dancers, pool parties, parades and more. Hotel guests and visitors alike can enjoy the following food and beverage specials at the resort during Poola Days:
Heritage Sunday Roast
- Specialty Cocktails – Specialty tropical-inspired libations, including the rum-based Poola Libre and Mahalo Mojito, are available two for $12 at Lobby Bar, Sports Bar and Center Bar.
- The “SPF” Package – Available every day throughout Poola Days, the “SPF” package includes two meals and one drink for $57 per person, which can be redeemed at Cravings Buffet and LVB Burgers & Bar.
Every Sunday, guests can savor the flavors of an ever-changing, communal menu of custom creations designed by Executive Chef Matthew Chacho. Enjoy a tableside presentation of select roasted meats as the highlight of the special tasting menu, which changes monthly. To complement each course, the restaurant offers expertly curated wine pairings and deliciously crafted sides.
- Where: Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak
- When: Sundays; 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Price: $85 per person; $35 Optional Wine Pairing
- To view the current Sunday Roast menu, visit The Mirage website.
The following MGM Resorts restaurants will offer special summertime-inspired prix-fixe menus for a limited time:
- Libertine Social at Mandalay Bay: Available Thursday – Sunday for $45 per person, guests can enjoy a three-course tasting menu with various options to choose from including the Summer Minestrone with heirloom summer beans and grilled country bread; roasted Petaluma Chicken accompanied with truffle mash; and Chocolate Pot de Crème layered with whipped mascarpone and topped with salted caramel corn. Bottomless rosé is also offered for an additional $20 per person.
- Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak, FiAMMA Italian Kitchen, Hecho en Vegas and Morimoto Las Vegas at MGM Grand: Explore the many flavors of MGM Grand with various preset menus for $29.99 per person, excluding tax and gratuity.
WEEKLY SOCIAL HAPPENINGS & OFFERS
Late Night Happy Hour at TAP Sports Bar
TAP offers happy hour specials on domestic draft beer, draft wine, draft cocktails and well drinks.
Latin Nights at Centrifuge
- When: Daily; 10 p.m. – close
Dance the night away as the DJ spins today’s top hits and Latin music while enjoying cocktail specials at Centrifuge.
- When: Sundays;10 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Specials on select whiskey, bourbon and scotch.
Whiskey and DJs
- When: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays; 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Dance to today's top hits spun by local DJs while enjoying an impressive selection of more than 100 rare and fine whiskies.
Social Hour at Libertine Social
- When: Tuesdays and Wednesdays; 9 p.m. – 1 a.m.
Libertine Social offers a daily happy hour with food, wine, beer and tequila specials. Menu highlights include Hamachi Cones ($3 for each cone) – cured Yellowtail, jalapeno, yuzu crème fraiche; Libertine Cheeseburger ($10) – smoked cheddar, iceberg lettuce, house pickle; and select craft beers ($7).
DELANO LAS VEGAS
- When: Daily; 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Chords & Cocktails at Franklin Lounge
- Sunset Hour
Guests can enjoy bar bites starting at $6 and specialty cocktails starting at $12 nightly at Skyfall Lounge.
- When: Daily; 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Champagne Toast
Every evening, hotel guests are treated to a special champagne toast at Skyfall Lounge. A Delano Las Vegas room key must be presented to receive the complimentary amenity.
- When: Daily; 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- VIP Bottle Service
Guests looking for champagne, artful libations and light fare are invited to reserve a private VIP table inside Skyfall Lounge or on the outdoor patio. To reserve a table, call Skyfall Lounge at 877-632-5400.
- When: Thursday – Saturday; early seating: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m., late seating: 9 p.m. – close.
Guests and locals are invited to experience live music by local bands and artfully curated cocktails at Franklin Lounge. No cover charge.
Happy Hour 58 at Juniper Cocktail Lounge
- When: Fridays and Saturdays; 6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
Juniper Cocktail Lounge hosts a happy hour with discounted specialty cocktails, spirits, beer and wine. Menu highlights include $10 Cocktails – Hemmingway Daiquiri, Carnival, Bubbles; $8 Spirits – Grey Goose, Titos, Absolut, Maker’s Mark, Patron, Don Julio, Sipsmith, Tanqueray, Bombay, Hendricks, Johnnie Walker Black Label; $5 Beer – Big Dog Las Vegas Lager, Sin City Amber, Crafthaus Silver State, Hop Nuts Golden Knights, Lovelady 9th Island; and $8 Wine – Acacia A, Velvet Devil, Minuty.
Happy Hour at Moneyline Sports Bar & Book
- When: Daily; 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Guests can enjoy 50% off all beers (draft or bottle) during happy hour at Moneyline, plus Las Vegas locals will receive an extra 20% discount during happy hour with a valid ID.
Burger and Beer Promotion at Side Betty
- When: Monday – Friday 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Buy a burger at Side Betty, the food counter adjacent to Moneyline, and get a free draft beer. All day, every day.
Happy Hour at Double Barrel Roadhouse
- Hours of operation for Side Betty are as follows:
- Monday – Thursday, 4 p.m. – 10 p.m.; Friday, 4 p.m. – 11 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, noon – 11 p.m.
Dance to live music and sip on $5 well drinks and draft beers at Double Barrel’s daily happy hour. Additional activations include: late night top 40, R&B and hip-hop beats by DJ Dynamixx and Babae on Friday and Saturday, in addition to Ladies Night specials (ladies drink free from 11 p.m. – midnight).
- Happy Hour: Daily; 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- Ladies Night/Late Night DJ: Friday and Saturday; 11 p.m. - midnight
Please note: effective July 30, Double Barrel will cease full-kitchen operations and only offer bar snacks.
Beerhaus Weekly Activations
Party at The Park
- Pro Jam Mondays
This weekly live music event pairs talented local musicians alongside seasoned musical veterans, creating an electric creative environment for guests to enjoy. Admission is free. The engagement begins at 9 p.m. and Beerhaus serves their signature Happy Hour specials from 10 p.m. to close.
- When: Mondays; 9 p.m. – close
- Geeks Who Drink
Guests with a competitive spirit and a wealth of useless knowledge get the chance to show their stuff during Wednesday trivia nights. The lively weekly competition is the ideal place to challenge friends or team up against others for a good time.
- When: Wednesdays; 9 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- Happy Hour
Beerhaus' take on happy hour offers $4 select draft beers and hot dogs. For guests with a late-night craving, Beerhaus also offers reverse happy hour from 10 p.m. - close featuring $4 hot dogs.
- When: Daily; Happy Hour: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.; Reverse Happy Hour: 10 p.m. –close
- Live Music
Beerhaus’ concerts by the bar provide guests with live entertainment. Hours are as follows:
- Thursdays: 8 p.m. – midnight
- Fridays and Saturdays: 9 p.m. – 1 a.m.
- Sundays: 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Guests are invited to get the party started with $5 beer, wine and shot selections at participating restaurants at The Park. Guest also can enjoy live entertainment and fun games such as ping pong and cornhole.
The Moonshiners will play on Tuesdays while The A-List will play on Wednesdays.
- Participating restaurants: Beerhaus, CPK and Sake Rok at The Park
- When: Tuesdays and Wednesdays; 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Click here to access the complete menus.
Weekend Brunch at Michael Mina’s PUB 1842
PUB 1842 at MGM Grand now offers a new weekend brunch menu. Award-winning chef Michael Mina puts a twist on the weekend’s favorite meal featuring sweet and savory dishes including light bites, hearty entrees and specialty cocktails. Brunch is available on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Menu highlights include:
Hours of Operation:
- The Pig & The Waffle – a cheddar chive cornbread waffle with Carolina BBQ pulled pork, a fried egg and chipotle crema
- Bacon, Shrimp & Grits – Anson Mills white cheddar grits paired with grilled shrimp, grilled Hobbs thick cut bacon and a poached egg
- Breakfast of Champions Burger – a beef burger topped with Andouille sausage, ham, candied bacon, American cheese, fried egg, caramelized onion and Sriracha aioli
- Complete the daytime meal with housemade Bloody Mary’s and seasonal bellinis.
- Monday – Friday:
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Dinner: 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday:
- Brunch: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Dinner: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Mandalay Bay debuts BBQ Mexicana, a quick service concept offering Mexican dishes in an approachable, warm setting. The fast-casual eatery by celebrated chefs Susan Feniger and Mary Sue Milliken
is a convenient takeaway counter featuring a variety of house-smoked meats and non-meat options prepared as burritos, bowls and salads, along with margaritas, aguas frescas and beers to-go. Menu highlights include:
Hours of Operation
- Burnt Ends Burrito – slow smoked brisket, chipotle coleslaw, house made chips, Manchego cheese, and BBQ mole sauce
- Smoked Tofu Bowl – cilantro lime rice, habanero BBQ sauce, charred corn relish, quinoa, cowboy caviar, and smoked almonds
- Chopped Kale Salad – avocado, carrot, edamame, watermelon radish, snow peas, marinated red onions, roasted red peppers, and coriander vinaigrette
- Monday – Friday: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Please be advised Osteria Costa will cease brunch service, effective Monday, July 30. For guests seeking breakfast and lunch destinations at The Mirage, please visit www.themirage.com
. Osteria Costa is open for dinner daily and offers a selection of coastal Italian favorites including wood-fired pizzas, hand-made pastas and fresh seafood. Hours of operation are as follows:
Cravings Buffet Military Offer
- Daily, 5 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Cravings Buffet is giving back to our American heroes by offering a 40% military discount for up to four guests with a valid military ID. This offer is available for breakfast, brunch and dinner daily.
Please note hours of operation have changed for OTORO Robata Grill & Sushi and Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak, effective July 23 until August 19:
- OTORO Robata Grill & Sushi:
- Sunday – Thursday: 5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Tom Colicchio’s Heritage Steak:
- Sunday – Thursday: 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Dana Rutkin / Fallon Porter
MGM Resorts International
702-692-6744 / 702-692-6741